The Student Room Group

Living with Family as a Fresher

I'm going to start uni at UCL next month and I have been put on the uni accommodation waiting list. For the first few weeks I will be staying with my cousins in Tottenham before moving in to the on-campus accommodation in October or November.
Will living with a family spoil the fresher experience? If so would I be better off staying in private halls?
Original post by johnosullivan887
I'm going to start uni at UCL next month and I have been put on the uni accommodation waiting list. For the first few weeks I will be staying with my cousins in Tottenham before moving in to the on-campus accommodation in October or November.
Will living with a family spoil the fresher experience? If so would I be better off staying in private halls?

Hello :smile:

I wouldn't say living with family with spoil your Freshers events but at the same time, it's what your family is like. if they have allowed you to stay with them during Freshers then I assume they are okay with your coming in late etc and whatever you'll do during Freshers.

If you are unsure, talk to them about it and see what they say.
If you are still unsure, maybe look at private accommodation - one of my friends lived in a B&B up until he could move in to Freshers.

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending