The Student Room Group

ABE in my AS Result...... What do I do now!!!!!!!!!

I got
A for Sociology
B for Politics
E for Economics

I didn't struggle during the year in Economics I was getting B's, C's and maybe the occasional A, however I got really nervous and my mind went blank during the exam. The good thing is that Economics doesn't count as it is the new A level. However, I want to apply for Birmingham University to study Politics and International Relations that has an entry requirement of ABB and Kent which has BBB entry requirement I was also looking at the KPMG school leaver's programme which has the same entry requirements (ABB). Do you think I have a chance to get an offer as my other 2 subjects are good?
What are you predicted? That's more important.
Original post by costa21
I got
A for Sociology
B for Politics
E for Economics

I didn't struggle during the year in Economics I was getting B's, C's and maybe the occasional A, however I got really nervous and my mind went blank during the exam. The good thing is that Economics doesn't count as it is the new A level. However, I want to apply for Birmingham University to study Politics and International Relations that has an entry requirement of ABB and Kent which has BBB entry requirement I was also looking at the KPMG school leaver's programme which has the same entry requirements (ABB). Do you think I have a chance to get an offer as my other 2 subjects are good?
Pretty good mate. I'm not an expert but i think it's your predicted grades that really matter, i think you could also resit econ.
Reply 3
Original post by Abstract_Prism
What are you predicted? That's more important.

Estimating at worst
A Sociology
A Politics
B/C Economics
Continue to A2, if your predictions are bad then you can smash A2 and then apply with those grades
Original post by costa21
Estimating at worst
A Sociology
A Politics
B/C Economics

They'll probably predict you AAB, ABB, BBC as AAC isn't consistent and looks a bit sketchy.

Don't worry about it as your AS Economics does not count.

If you got AB then you can defo do better next year! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest