The Student Room Group

AS PHOTOGRAPHY new spec 2016

when I recieved my photography grade i was really dissappointed because it wasnt what i expected... (i got an E grade and was expecting a B) my teacher himself told me that, thats probably what i would get, but i didnt. most of my class also recieved an E garde or U and only like two people got a B? but why was i put down as an E? i compared my work to the other classmates and there work was no where near how much i had done? and i followed the mark scheme with a lot of experimantation, observations, final pieces, artist research and im pretty sure everything linked!

i found it really unfair... im planning to get it remarked but should i ask my teacher before hand to see if it is worth it because what if there isnt a change in my grade and i have to pay around £42 for each unit?

I also heard that its teachers who mark our books? and if it was my teacher who gave me a low grade why did he tell me i was doing really well?

since it is the new spec does the grade that i got this year count? can someone please tell me how it works? thanks in advance :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

oh Thank you! im new to this so i didnt know where to post :')
Original post by tarazzz
when I recieved my photography grade i was really dissappointed because it wasnt what i expected... (i got an E grade and was expecting a B) my teacher himself told me that, thats probably what i would get, but i didnt. most of my class also recieved an E garde or U and only like two people got a B? but why was i put down as an E? i compared my work to the other classmates and there work was no where near how much i had done? and i followed the mark scheme with a lot of experimantation, observations, final pieces, artist research and im pretty sure everything linked!

i found it really unfair... im planning to get it remarked but should i ask my teacher before hand to see if it is worth it because what if there isnt a change in my grade and i have to pay around £42 for each unit?

I also heard that its teachers who mark our books? and if it was my teacher who gave me a low grade why did he tell me i was doing really well?

since it is the new spec does the grade that i got this year count? can someone please tell me how it works? thanks in advance :smile:

Hey there, I did new spec AS Art on the Graphic Communication syllabus and achieved a B grade. Our exam board was Eduqas / WJEC.

If you PM me and show me your sketchbook, maybe I could advise you on if you were unfairly marked? :smile:

Oh and, no. Your AS grade will not count towards your A2 grade with the new spec. Only the work you do next year will count for it, so I guess you don't need to worry too much about getting an E.
Reply 4
Original post by yellowcopter
Hey there, I did new spec AS Art on the Graphic Communication syllabus and achieved a B grade. Our exam board was Eduqas / WJEC.

If you PM me and show me your sketchbook, maybe I could advise you on if you were unfairly marked? :smile:

Oh and, no. Your AS grade will not count towards your A2 grade with the new spec. Only the work you do next year will count for it, so I guess you don't need to worry too much about getting an E.

our exam board was AQA? so does the grade count or not? is it the same for all boards doing the new spec?

i cant show you my sketchbook atm because it is at school, so when i retrieve it hopefully on the 5th of september if possible i will try and show you :smile: and thanks for the reply :biggrin:
Original post by tarazzz
our exam board was AQA? so does the grade count or not? is it the same for all boards doing the new spec?

i cant show you my sketchbook atm because it is at school, so when i retrieve it hopefully on the 5th of september if possible i will try and show you :smile: and thanks for the reply :biggrin:

Ah we use digital sketchbooks at my school for Graphic Communication and Photography so I thought you would have been able to give me a copy to look at! :tongue:

The great doesn't count, it's the same for all boards doing the new spec, so don't worry so much! :smile:
Reply 6
Ah we use digital sketchbooks at my school for Graphic Communication and Photography so I thought you would have been able to give me a copy to look at! :tongue:

The great doesn't count, it's the same for all boards doing the new spec, so don't worry so much! :smile:

phew... im glad it doesnt count i was so worried! but what was the point of doing 2 whole sketchbooks this year if it doesnt count towards anything? :0

oh and can i see your photography book if you dont mind just to compare to my book from memory? :smile:
Original post by tarazzz
phew... im glad it doesnt count i was so worried! but what was the point of doing 2 whole sketchbooks this year if it doesnt count towards anything? :0

oh and can i see your photography book if you dont mind just to compare to my book from memory? :smile:

I did AS Graphic Communication not Photography but my final outcome was Photography. I'll PM you, I'd be happy to show you. :smile:
Reply 8
I did AS Graphic Communication not Photography but my final outcome was Photography. I'll PM you, I'd be happy to show you. :smile:

Thankyou! i really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest