University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Apparently it's a starter in Formals.
Who knows tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who wants to eat that???
Original post by vincrows
My vegetarian nephew in law is quite fat as he eats too much cheese as a source of protein.......

Cheese is expensive af anyway :wink:

If you miss kebab, chips and that's sort of stuff, there's always Gardies. :smile:
http://gardis.co.uk

Lifesaver :hugs:
Apparently it's a starter in Formals.
Who knows tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard they serve it at St Johns
Original post by Serine Soul
I suppose going pescatarian/vegetarian for 30 weeks a year is only a good thing for my health tbh. I'll maybe lose some weight too finally

I'll miss donner and chips tho

I thought I was going to lose weight but tbh I've probably stayed around the same mark but still felt, in general, healthier for it anyway.
I started off doing a trial vegetarian period for a week because i thought I'd miss chicken too much and didn't particularly want to stay veggie but then the trial extended into a month and then into a year and... that's where I'm up to so far! :P
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
I thought I was going to lose weight but tbh I've probably stayed around the same mark but still felt, in general, healthier for it anyway.
I started off doing a trial vegetarian period for a week because i thought I'd miss chicken too much and didn't particularly want to stay veggie but then the trial extended into a month and then into a year and... that's where I'm up to so far! :P

It's pretty good that you kept up! tried once but my dad made tandoori chicken on the third day in and I couldn't resist :/
I hope there's someone who's not afraid of spiders in my corridor. I just saw a huge one in my bathroom and now I refuse to pee
Original post by eniet
Sorry if I'm being stupid here, but what is a CAS? I haven't received any e-mail after yesterday... seems all of the material is coming only through mail and not by e-mail at all!

You need your CAS statement to apply for a visa (if you need one) as an international student. The statement contains more than just the number; it has several bits of information that are important for the visa application.

My son had an unconditional offer, so he got his a while ago; I would assume they are working hard to get everyone's ready and sent to them ASAP.

If you are curious -- It came via email from: [email protected] with the subject line: "Cambridge University Student Visa Application Your CAS statement (CAS assigned)".

It doesn't look like much, but it has all the info you need it in. :smile:
Original post by Protoxylic
You'll be eating a lot of fries from the 'Van of life', you'll understand exactly what I mean when you see it.

I'm pretty sure I saw it after my interview haha. Went to McDonald's instead though :P
Original post by Duskstar
I'm pretty sure I saw it after my interview haha. Went to McDonald's instead though :P

Whoa your interview must've been pretty late?

He normally comes and sets things up late afternoon and opens at night.

But if you saw a blue van at the end of Rose Cres (the street McDonald's is on) opposite Starbucks on Market square, then yeah you saw it :tongue:

You excited to start in October? Enjoy first year, honestly, I'd do first year all over again in a heartbeat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
I hope there's someone who's not afraid of spiders in my corridor. I just saw a huge one in my bathroom and now I refuse to pee

I just put glasses over them and let my dad deal with them... I guess that's something important I'll learn at uni!
Original post by Protoxylic
Whoa your interview must've been pretty late?

He normally comes and sets things up late afternoon and opens at night.

But if you saw a blue van at the end of Rose Cres (the street McDonald's is on) opposite Starbucks on Market square, then yeah you saw it :tongue:

You excited to start in October? Enjoy first year, honestly, I'd do first year all over again in a heartbeat.

Yep that was it then haha! And my interview was literally the second or third last interview at Trinity, around 7pm I think.

And definitely, I'll be going up in 2 and a bit weeks for rowing :smile:
Yep that was it then haha! And my interview was literally the second or third last interview at Trinity, around 7pm I think.

Ah yeah completely forgot that you were coming up for rowing, enjoy that :tongue:

Ah, late asf interview, didn't you get bored most of the day waiting?
I just put glasses over them and let my dad deal with them... I guess that's something important I'll learn at uni!

I just need to have the courage to squash it with my shoe/shower it down the drain :redface:
Anyone else for maths at trinity?
Original post by jneill
Micro perhaps. :smile:

I've just stickied it for them. Maybe they'll get up to double figures in time for Matriculation.

Do Oxford practice a sort of crop rotation? Perhaps this is a fallow year?
Original post by PeteM01
Do Oxford practice a sort of crop rotation? Perhaps this is a fallow year?

Nah, it's not unusual for the other place to struggle to string enough words together to sustain a decent TSR thread. :wink:

We even get them joining Cambridge threads because they are more interesting (cf. @BioOx in the 2017 Applicants Thread)

#TabBantz

Piqued my interest! :biggrin:
Are you joining them in their summer training? Are you a FaT already?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ValerieKR
Anyone else for maths at trinity?

Yeh there is like 40 of u.
I ain't one btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh there is like 40 of u.
I ain't one btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know there's a lot but I haven't spotted a single one, not even in the Facebook groups or anything :s

Spoiler

Original post by ValerieKR
I know there's a lot but I haven't spotted a single one, not even in the Facebook groups or anything :s

Spoiler

I know quite alot of em.
I will PM u there names if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending