The Student Room Group

My Journey to A*A*A

So I've decided to make another thread where I post all my revision for A2 + AS. I know Sixth Form hasn't started yet but I will start revising from tomorrow onward.

A little bit of info about me. I got ADU in German, History and Chemistry. Terrible I know. As I only doing only 3 subjects I had to pass all of them. I will be carrying on with History and German A2. However I will take up a new AS (ICT). So technically I'm retaking a year unfortunately.

But I've made up my mind to work very hard this year. As I'm retaking I can make sure to get the best grades possible.

My aim - A*A*A

Sounds impossible right? Well I'm going to do everything I can to achieve this!!

" It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

So how are you getting on?
Original post by whydoidothis?
So how are you getting on?

Ok but not as well as I had hoped. I have so far in 3 days done 4 pages of German from the textbook and read one booklet for my history coursework. I haven't done work for about 5 weeks so I found it really hard at first. But I'm slowly getting into it again :smile: Tomorrow I want to do 2 pages of German, 2 pages of Psychology and 3 booklets for History!! Hopefully I will get it done :smile:

Are you also doing A2 next year?
Hi!

So I am basically in the same position as you. I got CCDEB, math, econ, bio, chem and epq. I will get my EPQ remarked, to an A* hopefully. I will leave econ as a C and focus on Chem Bio and Math, hopefully getting A*A*A*. Let's go on this journey together!

I think we should make a study group :smile:
Original post by X_alwayssmiley
Hi!

So I am basically in the same position as you. I got CCDEB, math, econ, bio, chem and epq. I will get my EPQ remarked, to an A* hopefully. I will leave econ as a C and focus on Chem Bio and Math, hopefully getting A*A*A*. Let's go on this journey together!

I think we should make a study group :smile:

Hopefully you will end up getting an A* after the remark! Good luck with those 3 subjects they're really hard chemistry killed me this year. All the best. Yes we definitely should :smile:
GOOD Luck mate!!!!

I just wanna know, how are you doing this revision diary??
me also want to aim for 3A*s
Original post by BunnyMidnight
GOOD Luck mate!!!!

I just wanna know, how are you doing this revision diary??
me also want to aim for 3A*s

Thanks so much. I will basically just update everyday what revision I have gotten done and I think the goal for the next day too :smile:

Good luck! Hopefully we will all succeed :smile:
Original post by Dreamsneverend15
Ok but not as well as I had hoped. I have so far in 3 days done 4 pages of German from the textbook and read one booklet for my history coursework. I haven't done work for about 5 weeks so I found it really hard at first. But I'm slowly getting into it again :smile: Tomorrow I want to do 2 pages of German, 2 pages of Psychology and 3 booklets for History!! Hopefully I will get it done :smile:

Are you also doing A2 next year?

Nah. i finished my a levels just now. going to uni in October. good luck.
Original post by Dreamsneverend15
Thanks so much. I will basically just update everyday what revision I have gotten done and I think the goal for the next day too :smile:

Good luck! Hopefully we will all succeed :smile:

Awe cool, might do it privately rather than publish do me being anxious hehehehe and I hope so no we will succeed this year!!
Original post by BunnyMidnight
Awe cool, might do it privately rather than publish do me being anxious hehehehe and I hope so no we will succeed this year!!

I would too haha! but it keeps me motivated as I know I need to post something on here so I need to do work in order to do that :smile:
25th August - didn't get much done. Only read one booklet for history which is for my coursework. It took quite long more then an hour.
26th August - I've decided to just concentrate on History at the moment as I've got a lot to do and it's all for coursework which is very important. I've sorted out my folder and rewritten all my notes as they were all over the place. My folder is now organised and tomorrow I will start planning my coursework :smile:
27th + 28th August - didn't get anything done as my cousins came round for 2 days!!

29th August - Read one booklet for History and picked out main points. I'm slowly understanding what exactly I need to do and I'm finding it easier to analyse.
I also filled out some bits of my Ucas application :smile:
30th August - I was extremely happy yesterday as I managed to read 3 booklets. My goal for today is to read 4. I want to start planning my actual coursework on Saturday so I have 3 days but before that I want to do as much reading as possible :smile:
31st August - didn't even read a whole booklet let alone 4.
1st September - it was my friends birthday party so again didn't get anything done. I did however go to the library and pick out a book to read for my personal statement.

I will try my best today and get as much reading done as possible and tomorrow I will start planning :smile:
2nd - 5th September:

There's not much of an update. I'm still working on History. I've started planning and I'm getting along nicely and actually enjoying it. The annoying thing is that I'm actually running out of time. My school starts tomorrow but the first 2 days are induction days photographs, timetables etc. So I've got 2 days to finish my plan to the best of my ability.

Wish everyone a good year!!
So the last few days have been all over the place because my school is so unorganised. I have gotten 2 additional days off because of problems with the building works. I haven't done any work for the last 3 days but today I have started again. Will update again at night :smile:
9th September - I haven't done much school work but I've learnt something very important..that I don't know how to prioritise certain work. For example, I have spent all day making notes on a thick history booklet when the actual task was just reading it and answering the 3 questions at the end. The worst thing is that I haven't even finished making notes for it. I have to get cracking with my History coursework so I should have left the notes till the end.

Therefore, I will be paying much more attention on what work I'm doing. Tomorrow I'm going to UCL and Kings College opening evening but I will do my best to do some History coursework in the morning :smile:
11th September - I have worked all day on History. I'm nowhere near finishing but I'm getting quicker at it. It should be finished within two or three days! I'm going to start proper lessons tomorrow :smile:
12th September - today was the first proper day with lessons. I didn't do too much as I was exhausted but I did do:

- History Coursework before school.
- History HW - Reading 2 chapters about African Americans.
- Presentation for the 6 components of ICT.

Quick Reply

Latest