The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Year11Struggles
Got 10A* thought I would get 6 if I were lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done man!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting my results in 15 minutes, good luck to everyone today!!
Original post by richpanda
Just got my results and 13 A*s omggg!!!

no you didn't. you did AS levels this year:

I had a nightmare that I misread a B as an A and thought I'd got AAAA when really I'd got AAAB. Then I woke up and checked and it was still AAAA. Scary.

or was that a lie too? bit embarrassing mate
Original post by tanyapotter
no you didn't. you did AS levels this year:

or was that a lie too? bit embarrassing mate

I've been caught:biggrin: The GCSE one is the lie, I genuinely did get AAAA. In my GCSE's I only got 6 A*s
I've just been informed that apparently ares aren't in envelopes? I find that awful..
I've been caught:biggrin: The GCSE one is the lie, I genuinely did get AAAA. In my GCSE's I only got 6 A*s
that's still good though, very good in fact.

ye m8 coolstory bro
kys
Original post by EpicMCutuber123
ye m8 coolstory bro
kys

You are a nobody who can't spell. As if I care.
You are a nobody who can't spell. As if I care.

umg i just got badley roasted men omfg :2euk48l:
Original post by EpicMCutuber123
umg i just got badley roasted men omfg :2euk48l:

triggered?
Original post by Year11Struggles
Got 10A* thought I would get 6 if I were lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, congratulations :biggrin:
I'm 37 minutes late. On the way to results day.
Lol i get mine at 10 :tongue: looking at these i dont think i'll be able to come on this site today with the feelings I normally come on with :lol:

Argh nervous af :frown:
Original post by lozza_X
I've just been informed that apparently ares aren't in envelopes? I find that awful..

The paper should still be folded over. No grade-identifiable information should be on the outside :nah:

"only"
Not read the whole thread so sorry if someone has already asked this, how do you convert a UMS mark to a raw mark? (I'm AQA) and also has anyone found the AQA UMS grade boundaries?
Original post by alice_h_22
Not read the whole thread so sorry if someone has already asked this, how do you convert a UMS mark to a raw mark? (I'm AQA) and also has anyone found the AQA UMS grade boundaries?

Have a look here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

Enter 0 into the raw mark and it'll give you a table of raw --> UMS conversions.

The UMS boundaries are always the same - it's always 90% for the A*, 80% for the A, 70% for the B and so on.
Original post by alice_h_22

You can convert UMS and raw marks using exam board UMS converters. You can find AQA's UMS and raw mark converter at http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter.

UMS grade boundaries are always defined in percentage terms of the total UMS across exam boards (I believe). This means that 90% of the total UMS will always be for the A*, then 80% for an A, 70% for a B, and so on and so forth (declining by 10% each time).

If the total UMS for a component is 100, the threshold for the A* is thus 90 UMS, whereas if the total UMS is 80, the threshold for the A* will be 72 (80 * 0.9).

Hope that helps :smile:
ahhhh guys I got 11 A* and 2A!!!! So over the moon!!!
Anyone willing to help me out quickly? The problem i have is that i passed my exams, though only got C's and one B. And the subjects i want to do at 6th form say i need to get B's in them...and i got C's , i feel like i failed everything :frown:...anyone know what i can do?

Latest