The Student Room Group

Remarks for A2 exams 2016 ?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by romaiseb
What was the outcome of the successful remarks you speak of? How many more marks were they awarded/what did their grade go up to?

They've mostly gone up between 2 and 6, except one which went up 20. They've been in Biology, Economics, Maths, Physics and Psychology and the grades have all been from C to B or B to A.
Original post by audreyhepburn01
I got a u in one of my biology papers and I don't see how this could have happened. Is it worth going for a remark as I worked really hard in biology this year and although I still got into uni I was hoping for a higher grade (my overall grade was a d). What is the highest number of marks anyone has ever heard of a paper going up?

The most I've ever seen was 47 (out of 100) but I've seen hundreds of re-marks. Most don't change and those that do rarely change by more then 3-5 raw marks, though sometimes this can be 12 UMS or so. I don't think I've ever seen a Biology paper change by more than 6UMS.
Original post by Compost
They've mostly gone up between 2 and 6, except one which went up 20. They've been in Biology, Economics, Maths, Physics and Psychology and the grades have all been from C to B or B to A.

The whole process is a joke. Just change regulations whenever you feel like. One or two UMS can screw people's future. In university if you are a few marks of the above grade they'll give it to you.
You lot do everything to screw up hard working young people.

The change of what the previous post said was that if the two examiners slightly differ in the grading the original one stands, which is just s joke. English is a subjective language and it shouldn't of been touched by the new crappy regulation.
I'm sorry mate, they really are c***ts.
No excuse, none at all.

Would it of hurt to give one or two more UMS saving one's uni place, no I couldn't give a crap, f them... That's the attitude
Don't you have to redo the exams anyway with these near linear A-levels? :smile:
Whether you get a B or an A at AS is irrelevant when it comes to an A* at A level. You still need at least 180 UMS from the A2.
Original post by audreyhepburn01
OK thanks for telling me. How much do A level results matter after uni since I'm now wondering if I should've taken a gap year and either re-taken or more likely studied a different A level and my other 2 a level results were really good and I would've liked to have gained 3 good a level results, however I think it may be too late to do this.

They generally aren't very important.
Would any of you say it is worth getting a remark if your 9 UMS off the next grade for your overall grade? I have to pay because of how far off I am off so I'm contemplating whether it is worth the try.
Yeah sure I see where you are coming from, it's just I had three strong A grades for the rest, that one C let it down. Since it is an essay subject (AQA's Sociology Unit 4) maybe they could give it a chance? Why what subjects/examboards you requested your remarks from?
(edited 3 years ago)
I was 2ums off a B in Physics, I would have got my firm offer if I had 2 more ums marks. Do you think its worth it to send it in for a remark?
and can the university reject me if the grade goes down, even though that is very unlikely (i would have to lose like 15 marks)
Original post by randomusername98
I was 2ums off a B in Physics, I would have got my firm offer if I had 2 more ums marks. Do you think its worth it to send it in for a remark?
and can the university reject me if the grade goes down, even though that is very unlikely (i would have to lose like 15 marks)

There are 60 UMS between grades, so if you only need 2 UMS for a B you must be 59 UMS off a D. If you can afford the money then It's a pretty minimal risk. (Though they can reject you if a lower grade means you no longer meet the offer.)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest