The Student Room Group

Entry for Bio natsci at Cambridge

I'm thinking of applying post a-level to cambridge and I just got my results last week. But I don't have an A* in maths, will this really damage my chances of getting in?

I've got an A at the moment and am just 1 ums off the grade boundary. I'll probably get a remark, but I don't know if it'll go up or not!
What other subjects did you do and what grades did you get in them?

Maths is less needed in Bio NatSci than Physical NatSci so it's not that hugely important. As long as you've met the minimum entry requirements with appropriate subjects than you have a decent chance.
Original post by NeverLucky
What other subjects did you do and what grades did you get in them?

Maths is less needed in Bio NatSci than Physical NatSci so it's not that hugely important. As long as you've met the minimum entry requirements with appropriate subjects than you have a decent chance.

I also took Biology, Chemistry and Textiles and got A*'s in them. Although I will most likely apply for bio natsci, I'm still worried because I'm applying for Chemistry at all my other uni choices and I've heard that chemistry counts as a physical science at Cambridge and would require a lot of maths?
Original post by SushiLover4Life
I also took Biology, Chemistry and Textiles and got A*'s in them. Although I will most likely apply for bio natsci, I'm still worried because I'm applying for Chemistry at all my other uni choices and I've heard that chemistry counts as a physical science at Cambridge and would require a lot of maths?

An A in Maths is still very good and it won't be a huge disadvantage. You've exceeded the entry requirements and therefore, you've got a very good chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending