The Student Room Group

A level option help

So, I just got my results i got 3A's, 4B's and 3C's. For my a level options I chose; biology, chemistry, psychology and sociology. But my teacher was like I should not do two sciences because i got a C in core science and a B in additional science.

Should I change my options or keep? Please help and opinions are very much appreciated.
Original post by CeceMava
So, I just got my results i got 3A's, 4B's and 3C's. For my a level options I chose; biology, chemistry, psychology and sociology. But my teacher was like I should not do two sciences because i got a C in core science and a B in additional science.

Should I change my options or keep? Please help and opinions are very much appreciated.

Who is this teacher?

If their requirement is to get a B in Core Science and you got C, then you should take their advice and opt to study one of the sciences instead.
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Who is this teacher?

If their requirement is to get a B in Core Science and you got C, then you should take their advice and opt to study one of the sciences instead.

The teacher is a sixth form leader at the school. I want to be a psychologist. If i were to study one science instead of two, would that seem bad on a university level. Due to the fact many expect this.
Original post by CeceMava
The teacher is a sixth form leader at the school. I want to be a psychologist. If i were to study one science instead of two, would that seem bad on a university level. Due to the fact many expect this.

No it wouldn't. Some unis just expect you to take Psychology A-level or Biology or even Chemistry. As long as you have one science A-level, it doesn't really matter. Unis won't discriminate against one candidate just because they did more science when it isn't compulsory for their course entry requirements.

Many often don't expect you to do 3 sciences. As long as you have Psychology and another science such as Biology or Chemistry, you are completely fine.
Reply 4
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Who is this teacher?

That's terrible advice to give. A lot of factors come into play when recieving a GCSE grade. You shouldn't change your A-levels just because you missed your schools entry requirements. You should fight for what you want to do. If your school can see that you're dedicated to study a certain subject, then with a lot of convincing they will eventually let you do it. Telling somebody to just forget about a subject they really want to study is just absurd. Your teachers shouldn't dictate what you want to study... Teachers don't always know best....

Quick Reply

Latest