The Student Room Group

A levels for philosophy degree

I'm currently studying Religious studies, psychology and food technology. I am wondering whether these are acceptable a levels to study philosophy at a Russel group universities?
Have a look at entry requirements for unis you're interested in. They put their entry requirements on their websites.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Have a look at entry requirements for unis you're interested in. They put their entry requirements on their websites.

I have and they don't say specific subjects. So I was wondering if someone who was studying English, geography, history etc. Would be in a better position then me.
In that case probably not. Unis will not discriminate against you for no reason apart from what subjects you've chosen if they don't have specific requirements. Think instead about which subjects you'll be able to get the best grades in.
Reply 4
Original post by Elena7797
I'm currently studying Religious studies, psychology and food technology. I am wondering whether these are acceptable a levels to study philosophy at a Russel group universities?

Psychology and religious studies are fine. But why are you doing A level food technology? bit dodgy fam

They'll offer around ABB, but if it's your firm you'll usually get a place if you get a bit lower, like B's.

Mans boutta do Philosophy at Cardiff in 3 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest