The Student Room Group
Go ahead but I'm sorry to say it may not make a difference as examiners won't likely have made an error as in maths ur either right or not
Reply 2
Talk to your teachers about getting the paper remarked, if they think it's worth it then they'll pay for it.
How did you know your mark for Maths Edexcel?
It's definitely worth getting it remarked. Good luck. :h:
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
It's definitely worth getting it remarked. Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestion do you know how it's done x
Reply 6
I would do a remark. Though be warned maths is not a subjective subject so is less likely to go up, but it's not unheard of.

Phone up your school and ask to speak to the exams officer to explain you want a remark. They should do the rest. Bear in mind that you might be charged for it depending on the schools policy.
Original post by Starfortune
I got my results today and I was 1 mark away from a C in maths edexcel
I got 69 and 70 is a C
I'm so confused what should I do ... If I get a remark how is it done plz help me people ... I'm really upset

What my school did was, they looked through all our grades last night and found the ones were one mark off.
Then when you collect your results they tell you to sign ( Exam board needs your permission) to re-mark. Didn't your school did that???
because after getting your results you should go straight up to exam officer.
Thanks for your suggestion do you know how it's done x

I've never been through this process, but I would recommend talking to your school or a teacher. :h:
Original post by kelseymansum
What my school did was, they looked through all our grades last night and found the ones were one mark off.
Then when you collect your results they tell you to sign ( Exam board needs your permission) to re-mark. Didn't your school did that???
because after getting your results you should go straight up to exam officer.

No they didn't my school just gave my grades and I opened my results at home because I was so scared do I need to speak to my school or my upcoming sixth form that I'm going to
No they didn't my school just gave my grades and I opened my results at home because I was so scared do I need to speak to my school or my upcoming sixth form that I'm going to

Speak to your school for remark, my school wanted us to open our results in school in case of disappointment or anything then you can deal it in school.
Then when you go to sixth form or college about the enrolment interview (after you get the remark sorted) , tell them you were only one mark off a C and requesting a remark. they'd probably let you in.
But in case your school wont help you remark the paper, the sixth form or college may give you additional support to resit gcse along side with a levels.
Speak to your school for remark, my school wanted us to open our results in school in case of disappointment or anything then you can deal it in school.
Then when you go to sixth form or college about the enrolment interview (after you get the remark sorted) , tell them you were only one mark off a C and requesting a remark. they'd probably let you in.
But in case your school wont help you remark the paper, the sixth form or college may give you additional support to resit gcse along side with a levels.

Can I retake in November this year
And also does it mean I have to do 3 years in sixth form
Thanks so much for your help honestly
Can I retake in November this year
And also does it mean I have to do 3 years in sixth form
Thanks so much for your help honestly

No worries!!! as long as my advice is helping you!!
Yeah, you can tell your sixth form to resit, a lot of sixth form or colleges offer this kind of support which is good.
Because before getting my results i keep googling what if I failed Maths or English gcse , and the answer is the sixth form and college will offer you extra lessons to finish your course. I mean you still get into the college if you meet the requirements what they're asking for, but just additional lessons will be needed.

Try to speak to your school and then try to ring the Head of sixthform of the school you applied to!
No worries!!! as long as my advice is helping you!!
Yeah, you can tell your sixth form to resit, a lot of sixth form or colleges offer this kind of support which is good.
Because before getting my results i keep googling what if I failed Maths or English gcse , and the answer is the sixth form and college will offer you extra lessons to finish your course. I mean you still get into the college if you meet the requirements what they're asking for, but just additional lessons will be needed.

Try to speak to your school and then try to ring the Head of sixthform of the school you applied to!

Thanks I'll speak to my sixth form and see what advice they give me
Thanks so much ... Much appreciated
Xxxxx :smile:
I got my results today and I was 1 mark away from a C in maths edexcel
I got 69 and 70 is a C
I'm so confused what should I do ... If I get a remark how is it done plz help me people ... I'm really upset

Aww what a shame!
Awww bless....
How did you get your results back already?! I thought results day was August 24th?!?!?!
Original post by ewarner2000
How did you get your results back already?! I thought results day was August 24th?!?!?!

This thread is from last year, look at the timestamp of the first post.
Reply 17
Original post by ewarner2000

Look at when the OP was made...
Thread closed for being incredibly old :tongue:

Latest