The Student Room Group

What's the UMS needed for an A* in AQA English Language?

I got 261 USM and was wondering if that's close to an A*
Original post by ℓove
I got 261 USM and was wondering if that's close to an A*

270 is an A* :yy:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
270 is an A* :yy:

Oh thanks, do you think it's worth having it remarked considering English is a subjective GCSE?
Original post by ℓove
Oh thanks, do you think it's worth having it remarked considering English is a subjective GCSE?

You could if you wanted, but 9 UMS is a fair amount tbh. Personally I'd leave it - an A is brilliant.*
Got 265 UMS in Language.. awww...
Reply 5
Can someone tell me what the ums boundary for an a was I got a b and I scored 231 ums points. Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by d.aniel
Can someone tell me what the ums boundary for an a was I got a b and I scored 231 ums points. Thanks

I checked and 240 UMS is an A, so you needed roughly 3 more marks.
Reply 7
Original post by ℓove
I checked and 240 UMS is an A, so you needed roughly 3 more marks.

Thanks, Is it worth going for a remark because it seems really close but idk?
Reply 8
Original post by d.aniel
Thanks, Is it worth going for a remark because it seems really close but idk?

Yes I'm wondering the same thing because I'm 3 marks off an A* in English Language. If you're doing English related courses for A level, then I would get it remarked since English is a subjective GCSE, but you could always get marked down for it. I'm going to request the script back but not get it remarked because A is good enough for me.
Reply 9
Original post by ℓove
Yes I'm wondering the same thing because I'm 3 marks off an A* in English Language. If you're doing English related courses for A level, then I would get it remarked since English is a subjective GCSE, but you could always get marked down for it. I'm going to request the script back but not get it remarked because A is good enough for me.

Ah okay that sounds like a good idea acctually, thanks for your help ☺️ (well done on getting an A btw)

Quick Reply

Latest