The Student Room Group

Surprising GCSE Results. Could They be Wrong?

In my mocks for GCSEs I got practically all Bs except for an A star in history and an A in RE. My results came back today and I got 4 A stars, 2 As, 3 Bs and 1 C. There's only one I'm worried about, which is English Literature. I got an A star for it in GCSE and I've never gotten above a B before. The other marks aren't that surprising, I almost got an A in Language and got an A today. Is it possible that my exam was marked wrong? The exam didn't go too well in my memory as I got a different answer to everyone else with the poem. I'm kind of scared this is a dream and I don't want this grade to be taken away from me.
Original post by Arrowinabow777
In my mocks for GCSEs I got practically all Bs except for an A star in history and an A in RE. My results came back today and I got 4 A stars, 2 As, 3 Bs and 1 C. There's only one I'm worried about, which is English Literature. I got an A star for it in GCSE and I've never gotten above a B before. The other marks aren't that surprising, I almost got an A in Language and got an A today. Is it possible that my exam was marked wrong? The exam didn't go too well in my memory as I got a different answer to everyone else with the poem. I'm kind of scared this is a dream and I don't want this grade to be taken away from me.

Definitely isn't a dream - congrats :smile:
Congratulations on your results! :h: :congrats:
Reply 3
Incredible results! You should be so proud of yourself, and they're definitely not wrong. Onwards and upwards. :^)

Very unlikely that it's wrong, thankfully! Congrats on those results, they're great! It's common to think you have done worse than you actually have, it's totally normal! Well done, you can go really far with those GCSE results!
Nope, it's not wrong. You have these results, congrats! Literature isn't like maths, there isn't a right answer, what you wrote was different to others, but the fact is it has to be a well constructed judgement, not just a answer, and yours must have been, you deserve your results, good luck for A-Level.

WELL DONE ! That's amazing sometimes the adrenaline of the real exam makes you remember more , which alters your memory as you think you've done worse than you actually have.

CELEBRATE AND DONT DOUBT YOURSELF SOO MUCH :smile:

PS some teachers mark extremely harshly to try and get you to improve as much as possible, chances are you were probably getting those grades all along :wink:
Thank you all so much for the lovely replies. It's been an overwhelming day but you guys have reassured me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest