The Student Room Group

Exam Results confusion

So I got an A* in my Biology GCSE edexcel, and an A* indivudally for b1, b2, b3 inside of it. But im confused by this UMS thing. The papers were out of 60. On the b2 i got 76/80 UMS. But i dont remember doing so well on the b2. Is there anyway to convert this mark to an out of 60 grade? Because im confused on how I got so high in the B2.
Original post by CronyTango
So I got an A* in my Biology GCSE edexcel, and an A* indivudally for b1, b2, b3 inside of it. But im confused by this UMS thing. The papers were out of 60. On the b2 i got 76/80 UMS. But i dont remember doing so well on the b2. Is there anyway to convert this mark to an out of 60 grade? Because im confused on how I got so high in the B2.

You might find this useful: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/converting-marks-points-and-grades.html#tab-EdexcelUMSmarkconverter

UMS is there so that it takes into account how many others who sat that paper actually performed. If you feel you didn't do so well, it may have just been that most others did worse than you, making you into a high percentile of raw marks and hence they just scale it up to a high UMS.

UMS is a strange thing!
Reply 2
Original post by James A
You might find this useful: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/converting-marks-points-and-grades.html#tab-EdexcelUMSmarkconverter

UMS is there so that it takes into account how many others who sat that paper actually performed. If you feel you didn't do so well, it may have just been that most others did worse than you, making you into a high percentile of raw marks and hence they just scale it up to a high UMS.

UMS is a strange thing!

Oh thats such a relief thanks.
I was thinking they marked it incorrectly or something and that the A* would get taken away from me because I definitely didnt do AMAZING on the B2.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest