The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jazz_xox_
well done that's amazing! i got an A* in further maths and i was genuinely expecting no more than a C, cant believe it

Have either of you received your raw mark or breakdown for further, I was literally just given a grade?
Reply 5161
got 1A*, 5As and 3Bs; well happy with that :smile:
This Year:

English Lang - A
English Lit - A
German - A
Statistics - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Further Maths - A*^ (A * distinction)

Last Year

Maths - A*
Computing - A
History - A
French - C

I am extremely happy!
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone else do edexcel RS?

My results look a bit.. I ended up getting a C when for 2 years straight I got A's and revised the same way :K:

Do you think I should get a remark since I'm doing RS next year too? :s-smilie:
Original post by nonon41
Have either of you received your raw mark or breakdown for further, I was literally just given a grade?

Nope, just got a grade too and '58 points' but I think that's just the same as the grade ?
This is probably a stupid question, but I got a thing listed on my results sheet called Information & Cash In (Unitised) and I don't even know what that is. Do any of you happen to know what that is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emily_31
Just wondering, did anyone else do less well than expected in AQA English Literature? I was predicted an A* and ended up with a B, which is disappointing as I wanted to do it at A-Level/university. Not sure if it's the grade boundaries/exam, or if I just messed up and didn't perform as well as I could've😕

I got an A overall, it was my lowest - the literature teacher at my school said how hard it was this year and the grade boundaries didn't compensate, i don't think anyone at my school got an A*.
I got a B in Unit 2H and an A in Unit 3 I really don't understand it - we do 2 exams and a controlled assessment but they are not all here?
English lang- C
History-C
RE- B
Additional Science- C
Food Tech-C
French- A
PE-D
English Lit-B
Maths-F
bit disappointed with maths and pe, I will have to retake. but I'm gonna stay positive and not give up. but overall I'm super happy with English lit B! in one of the units I got an A never got an A. also I got an a in French but I speak a lang at home so it helped me. those who are not happy don't worry, because theres always hope, never give in your dreams. you will achieve what you want. I got a low grade for maths as I do foundation maths but I'm still going.
Original post by lopes123
English lang- C
History-C
RE- B
Additional Science- C
Food Tech-C
French- A
PE-D
English Lit-B
Maths-F
bit disappointed with maths and pe, I will have to retake. but I'm gonna stay positive and not give up. but overall I'm super happy with English lit B! in one of the units I got an A never got an A. also I got an a in French but I speak a lang at home so it helped me. those who are not happy don't worry, because theres always hope, never give in your dreams. you will achieve what you want. I got a low grade for maths as I do foundation maths but I'm still going.

Hey, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with those subjects because like you said, you can always choose to re-sit. I'm not exactly a straight A student myself, but I still passed 4/6 of my Year 10 modulars so on the whole, I did way better than I was expecting. Congratulations on passing your other subjects by the way! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL A* MATHS! All i care about! 178/200!!! <3<3<3 Edexecel
Original post by romansholiday
I'm honestly sh*ting myself already, I've flopped my exams so far lol.

What you think you've got:
A string of As and Bs (mostly Bs lol) - I'm really not sure if exams went well or not! :s-smilie:

Predicted grades:
8 As 3 A*s (plz that's definitely not happening lmao, I'll be lucky for a single A*..)

What you've actually got:
RESULTS DAY UPDATE: I got 2 A*s 8As 1 B. I'm over the moon!:tongue:

How are you feeling about results day?
Not too good, already had nightmares about it :frown:

How are you going to open your results?
As I am casually strolling out of the school - if they're good I'll scream and run back to school, but if they're bad I'm running home byeeeeeee.

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
Biology, Geography and Chemistry OR Psychology.

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
I would LOVE to! I'm a bit camera shy though, and I don't want to come across ungrateful if I don't get the results I want, because everyone has different expectations of themselves...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :hoppy:

I've updated my original post with my results! Congratulations everyone!
You know how everyone opens the paper and is either happy/sad?
I was in between, I got 4 A's, 2 B's, 4 C's and an E, so I didn't know what to feel. I feel like I did around half of my exams well, so I'm half pleased I guess.
5 A* (Art, History, Philosophy, English Lang & English Lit)
5 A (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Media) and 1 B (French)
Really pleased and surprised!
I was predicting myself anywhere between 2-4 A* but outdid myself and ended up with 6 :smile:

English Lang - B
English Lit - A* (how? I hate lit haha)
Maths - A*
Physics - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Geography - A*
ICT - B
Computing - A
RS - A

Also, on the OCR calculator paper i managed to get 100/100 marks, can't quite believe that i aced a paper, so happy now
Yo guys I'm the guy that did 17 gcses
Well done everyone
I got 15 A*
An A in additional maths
And a pass in algebra level 3 (87/90)
6A 2A*s 2Bs yay
Well done everyone, I can see that you've all got amazing results! I had a C overall for AQA Core Science, an A overall for my Year 10 I.C.T grade, a B in Unit 1: Welsh and a D in the History paper. However, I may not be as bright as you lot on here, but I'm honestly happier than I thought I would be. I was only confident about passing one exam but I passed 4/6, so I'm really chuffed.

Congratulations guys! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
Well done everyone, I can see that you've all got amazing results! I had a C overall for AQA Core Science, an A overall for my Year 10 I.C.T grade, a B in Unit 1: Welsh and a D in the History paper. However, I may not be as bright as you lot on here, but I'm honestly happier than I thought I would be. I was only confident about passing one exam but I passed 4/6, so I'm really chuffed.

Congratulations guys! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!

Congratulations. As long as you're happy and you've achieved the best results for you, that's all anyone could ever ask for. Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
Hey, I wouldn't be too dissapointed with those subjects because like you said, you can always choose to re-sit. I'm not exactly a straight A student myself, but I still passed 4/6 of my Year 10 modulars so on the whole, I did way better than I was expecting. Congratulations on passing your other subjects by the way! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey cerian its lopes 123. thank you so much, I'm sooo happy, tbh I wasn't expecting to get the highest grades. I'm excited for college and the course I'm doing. so what are you planning to do in September. :smile:
Got what I wanted! Hope everyone else did too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest