The Student Room Group

Didn't go as well as I expected ....

I collected my gcse results today and I didn't do as well as I expected 😞.
I got a
Science core: B
Science additional : B
Maths : C
Geography : B
Economics : B
Art : D
French :biggrin:
English language : C
English literature : B
I worked really hard from the start of the year and expected a lot better grades 😭.
Can I still be a secondary school teacher with these grades ?
I'm worried about c in maths and English language and feel like that will limit me .
I want to teach Science or geography when I'm older .
Original post by Samanthaaa56
I got a
I worked really hard from the start of the year and expected a lot better grades 😭.
I'm worried about c in maths and English language and feel like that will limit me .

I think some universities like a B in english for a pgce but otherwise I can't see you having any problems :smile:
I got a

Hey -

Sorry to hear you didn't get what you were hoping to achieve! :frown: Of course you can continue on with education and still become a teacher! You'll have to see what your options are in terms of sixth form and college. Do you want to do A-Levels? Do you want to choose a BTEC pathway?

There are so many routes into teaching, just apply yourself and continue working hard. :smile: For more information, look here: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training/getting-started/routes-teaching or https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/explore-my-options
I got a

Seems great to me! :biggrin: You can now choose subjects for your next steps that you enjoy and are best and have another go :biggrin:
iI got C's in core and additional science... they were what I wanted to go and do for Alevels. But overall I got 5b's 2c's and 2d's. But I spoke to my Sixth Form and because I got a B in biology I get to still get to do Biology.

Quick Reply

Latest