The Student Room Group

Anyone not do so well at History or Geography?

I hope everyone got the grades you hoped for today, congratulations if you did. If not, please do remember today is just one day in the rest of your life. You have so many exciting options ahead of you :smile:

I was wondering though, if you took Geography and History and your grades weren't what you were hoping for, I'd love to hear from you and why you think that was?
Last year when I got my GCSE's I was expecting an A* in Geography however I ended up with a B (B in both exams) and my Geography coursework got marked down from an A* to a B:angry:. I was dissapointed but looking back now it wasn't too bad and I should have taken Geography as an A level.

History I got an A*, and my coursework got marked up from 49/50 to 50/50 xD

I think Coursework will be a factor in weather people get the grades they want
Original post by SuperHuman98
Last year when I got my GCSE's I was expecting an A* in Geography however I ended up with a B (B in both exams) and my Geography coursework got marked down from an A* to a B:angry:. I was dissapointed but looking back now it wasn't too bad and I should have taken Geography as an A level.

History I got an A*, and my coursework got marked up from 49/50 to 50/50 xD

I think Coursework will be a factor in weather people get the grades they want

Well done, they are great grades regardless :smile:
Another really nice message of support. :woo: Remember everyone, even if you didn't get what you want - you're still you and you're still brilliant! :yy:
1UMS off A* Edexcel History :/
A* in CCEA History, in both exams. Was really surprised
Reply 6
100% On my Nazi Germany History Paper for Edexcel <(._.)>
Original post by Breathmint
1UMS off A* Edexcel History :/

I had something similar when I was doing GCSE History. I got straight A*s in my exams but my coursework got marked down to a B and that brought it down to an A which was a 3 marks off an A* -_-
Reply 8
I took Geography and from the start of the year I was predicted a B got my results today and I came out with a C and that is the subject I wanted to do at A-level. I'm not sure what went wrong tbh
Reply 9
History was actually my best.. I got an A* and was surprised at how well I did!

Quick Reply

Latest