The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is getting all C's and one B a good result? I look around and people are getting A and are still unhappy. Have i done badly or good guys? I have mixed feelings at the moment!:s-smilie:
Got 11A* (full UMS in English Literature, somehow!). Well done to everyone else.
Original post by Pedrex
Is getting all C's and one B a good result? I look around and people are getting A and are still unhappy. Have i done badly or good guys? I have mixed feelings at the moment!:s-smilie:

Yes, of course it is. You passed every subject, which is essentially the whole point of GCSE's. The nerdier percentile of students tend to go on these forums, so don't worry. C's are the national average, and a B is above, so well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went about as well as could be expected.... :s-smilie:
Original post by Pedrex

Of course that's a good result! You've passed everything and you should be really proud of yourself! There will always be people unsatisfied with their results (a girl in my year was complaining that she didn't get full UMS in a subject LOL) but don't let them put you off! Enjoy the rest of your day!:biggrin:
I like how most of my courseworks got downgraded..
I got 3A* 6A 3B and aced one of the chemistry papers. :smile: wooo
how many ums points would I have needed to get for a C in aqa IGCSE English language higher tier?
Original post by iEthan
Hey!

Congratulations. As long as you're happy and you've achieved the best results for you, that's all anyone could ever ask for. Well done! :biggrin:

hey iEthan thanks, I'm happy, they are not A*'s but I'm happy. my target for RE is C and I got a B, for French is a B and I got an A. and the rest I got my target grade but for maths I didn't do well but I'm gonna see where I went wrong and keep trying. well done on your grades too iEthan. :u::biggrin:
I failed one of my GCSEs 😔
Original post by lopes123
hey iEthan thanks, I'm happy, they are not A*'s but I'm happy. my target for RE is C and I got a B, for French is a B and I got an A. and the rest I got my target grade but for maths I didn't do well but I'm gonna see where I went wrong and keep trying. well done on your grades too iEthan. :u::biggrin:

See! That's amazing stuff, so you smashed your targets and met them all! Awesome. :yy: Thank you!
Original post by DystopiaisReal
Went about as well as could be expected.... :s-smilie:

What did you get??? :smile:
I got 4 C's and 2 B's and I'm actually really proud of it!! I was in hospital for 3 months last year between May and July so I missed my English Lit and Core Science exams. I didn't end up having to do them and I had to drop a subject (design) so I had time to catch up. So seeing as I had to catch up on 3 months worth of work as well as all the work I've had this year, I'm pretty proud of the 4 C's and 2 B's :smile:
Same for me. I got 5As 2Bs, 2Cs and a G lol. I guess you could say we're very well-rounded students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bvmf99
I failed one of my GCSEs 😔

Heya :hugs:

So sorry to hear that. Which one didn't you do so well in? Were you planning to continue it? Remember, you are still brilliant regardless of grades. This is just one day in the many to come, so much still to come! Chin up :hugs:

Ethan
I never have cried so much
Original post by Aamna-
Yes, of course it is. You passed every subject, which is essentially the whole point of GCSE's. The nerdier percentile of students tend to go on these forums, so don't worry. C's are the national average, and a B is above, so well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Im glad i didn't do badly :smile: oh ok i didn't know that, im just so pleased i passed them all with all the revision i did! . Thanks for the encouragement, i really appreciate it :smile:
I'm suprised I got an A in maths despite the high grade boundaries. I got 4As 2Bs and 3Cs. I was one ums mark off an A in religious studies though :frown:. I worked really hard so overall I'm happy with my results.
Hope everyone got what they deserved! :smile: I am so so happy with my results, so shocked!
7 A*s and 5 As :biggrin:
I got a D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOPPPPP!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Latest