The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gman786
Has anyone heard back from morgan stanley yet for summer 2017 or jp morgan chase for spring week?

someone apparently on this thread has for JPM, but imo, I think it's way too early to hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
someone apparently on this thread has for JPM, but imo, I think it's way too early to hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo prince what uni you at? What u get in ur a levels? If u dont mind answering bro.

Im at ucl doing mech eng and got AAA
Original post by Gman786
Yo prince what uni you at? What u get in ur a levels? If u dont mind answering bro.

Im at ucl doing mech eng and got AAA

PM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mind PM'ing me too, cool if not
I'm tad bit confused; when applying to SW with JPM and GS, its asking for expected result of degree. And with GS a transcript? Considering I haven't even started my degree, what should I put?
Original post by coolguy999
I'm tad bit confused; when applying to SW with JPM and GS, its asking for expected result of degree. And with GS a transcript? Considering I haven't even started my degree, what should I put?

expected result just put 2:1 or 1st, doesn't actually matter and recruiters will know whichever you put is BS. just leave the transcript bit blank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, so I'm not applying from UK but from a target school in another country. My grades are bit on the average side (3.2/4) because of reasons, but I did a summer internship at an investment banking division before and will do another internship at McK in summer 2017. People who got accepted before, how bad is my grades compared to you or people you know who got in ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Outsider
Well, so I'm not applying from UK but from a target school in another country. My grades are bit on the average side (3.2/4), but I did a summer internship at an investment banking division before and will do another internship at McK in summer 2017. People who got accepted before, am I doomed with the crappy gpa I have?

Nah, not doomed really. How have you done an IBD internship already? What's your background (year of study, masters/bachelors)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, not doomed really. How have you done an IBD internship already? What's your background (year of study, masters/bachelors)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done an IBD internship thanks to family connections this summer. Though it is a pretty large institution at my home country, it isn't very large compared to BBs like goldman.

I'm gonna start my 2nd year in a 4 year program this september, business management bachelors. Also should I put references in my CV because the director of investment banking told me to put him as one if I ever needed it, but I'm not sure how things work in UK?
(edited 7 years ago)
I've done an IBD internship thanks to family connections this summer. Though it is a pretty large institution at my home country, it isn't very large compared to BBs like goldman.

I'm gonna start my 2nd year in a 4 year program this september, business management bachelors. Also should I put references in my CV because the director of investment banking told me to put him as one if I ever needed it, but I'm not sure how things work in UK?

Fair, good job utilising your network.

Nah, they'll ask for references later in the process if they need to. No point putting it on your CV - maybe mention them on your cover letter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair, good job utilising your network.

Nah, they'll ask for references later in the process if they need to. No point putting it on your CV - maybe mention them on your cover letter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the help mate. Btw if you do get in the spring programme, does everyone get a fast track to summer internship next year?
Thanks for the help mate. Btw if you do get in the spring programme, does everyone get a fast track to summer internship next year?

Depends, it's still competitive once you get on one. If you make a good impression, pass the conversion interviews/case studies/tests, yeah you may get an offer or you may get fast tracked to an assessment centre instead.

Specific conversion %ages change every year based on how good the cohort is and how each bank plans to do their recruiting that year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyony got any stats about number of applicants/total intake for spring weeks? Only found some for summer internships.
Original post by Adrono
Anyony got any stats about number of applicants/total intake for spring weeks? Only found some for summer internships.

Doesn't matter, most applicants will suck (CV mistakes, app Qs, tests etc) anyway.

But if you must know low single digit thousands to about 50-100 places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Doesn't matter, most applicants will suck (CV mistakes, app Qs, tests etc) anyway.

But if you must now low single digit thousands to about 50-100 places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. What's app Qs by the way? You mean application questions?
Original post by Adrono
Ok. What's app Qs by the way? You mean application questions?

yeah, poor answers and grammatical issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 476
And poor networking.
Reply 477
yeah, poor answers and grammatical issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exactly do you mean by grammatical issues? Are we talking complex grammatical errors or simple sloppiness/non-academic writing?
Original post by RWiz
What exactly do you mean by grammatical issues? Are we talking complex grammatical errors or simple sloppiness/non-academic writing?

Sloppiness. It doesn't need to be a pulitzer winning piece of writing, but if you're not using correct grammar (i.e. no slang, no butchering sentences etc), then it would be a reason to rej.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
For the GPA part in the JP Morgan application, what do I put for:
- result scale
- result score

(I am in second year, got a distinction in first year if that's relevant)

Latest

Trending

Trending