The Student Room Group

Living in uni halls or home?

So i went through clearing and got into goldsmiths to study economics, politics and public policy which is in london.

It would take me 1 hour 15 mins by train to get there or i could live in halls which are 156 pounds a week (loring hall)

I am mainly worried about not having nice flat mates and not making friends.

i am also worried about not getting enough work done due to all the nights out if i lived at halls

would i still be able to make friends if i live at home?
You should still make friends living at home, yes.

My concern personally would be the length of the commute. It's not as if you could just pop home if you've got a spare hour between lectures.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
You should still make friends living at home, yes.

My concern personally would be the length of the commute. It's not as if you could just pop home if you've got a spare hour between lectures.

that is a concern but I think in between I could go to the library and get work done. Also even though the commute is long it might mean me doing more work. I'm worried if I live out people will just want to party all the time and I will fail or not do as well.

I really am not sure what to do. I'm worried on how il get home alone after a night out as realistically I won't take a cab by myself home at 4 am*

Quick Reply

Latest