The Student Room Group

Remark?

Should I get my maths remarked? I got 166 (A) and needed 170 for the A*. Do you think they will be able to find 4 marks between the two papers and how long does the remarking process usually take?
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
Should I get my maths remarked? I got 166 (A) and needed 170 for the A*. Do you think they will be able to find 4 marks between the two papers and how long does the remarking process usually take?

It can vary but it usually takes about two weeks. It's probably not worth it though tbh, it's rare for Maths papers to be marked incorrectly and 4 marks is quite a bit for Maths.
Original post by usycool1
It can vary but it usually takes about two weeks. It's probably not worth it though tbh, it's rare for Maths papers to be marked incorrectly and 4 marks is quite a bit for Maths.

Do you think I should get my business remarked? (got 171 UMS and needed 180 for A*)
Do you think I should get my business remarked? (got 171 UMS and needed 180 for A*)

Again, I'd leave it. You're about midway into the A boundary so it could go down as well as up (but I'm both cases, it's unlikely it'll change dramatically so that your grade changes).
Again, I'd leave it. You're about midway into the A boundary so it could go down as well as up (but I'm both cases, it's unlikely it'll change dramatically so that your grade changes).

I just felt that with business there was a lot of essay answers and the way you reasoned and thought another marker could give me a few extra marks
I just felt that with business there was a lot of essay answers and the way you reasoned and thought another marker could give me a few extra marks

It's up to you, but another marker could also take off a few extra marks. Remember that the remark grade is final, even if it is lower than the original.
It's up to you, but another marker could also take off a few extra marks. Remember that the remark grade is final, even if it is lower than the original.

Yeah ur making me re-question it now i will probably just leave them as I dont want them to go down further
Yeah ur making me re-question it now i will probably just leave them as I dont want them to go down further

An A grade is still very impressive - nice one.
Should I get my history grade remarked? I currently have 357 UMS and I need 360 to get an a*,
Original post by MeerabBieber
Should I get my history grade remarked? I currently have 357 UMS and I need 360 to get an a*,

In my opinion yeah cause you have a 37 UMS boundrary for it to drop below an A which just wouldn't happen so you dont really have anything to lose. Also, history is obviously essay based and marks are more easily found that in say maths, if I was you I would definitely.
In my opinion yeah cause you have a 37 UMS boundrary for it to drop below an A which just wouldn't happen so you dont really have anything to lose. Also, history is obviously essay based and marks are more easily found that in say maths, if I was you I would definitely.

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply