The Student Room Group

What use does UMS have in the future?

My school were nice enough to put a 'result' column on the table of grades, which gave a three didgit number (always beginning with 0) and ending with the grade (i.e. A*, B etc). My friend said that these numbers are the UMS points; but what's the importance of UMS points for my future, if any?
Original post by wm23
My school were nice enough to put a 'result' column on the table of grades, which gave a three didgit number (always beginning with 0) and ending with the grade (i.e. A*, B etc). My friend said that these numbers are the UMS points; but what's the importance of UMS points for my future, if any?

They have no importance at GCSE - they only really give you an indication of how far you were from the next boundary.
Original post by wm23
Tbh it is mostly used by selective unis to differentiate between similar candidates for their competitive courses. Saves them time at comparing each individual raw mark. UMS are a point system that are awarded for each specific range of raw marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks, guys!

Quick Reply

Latest