The Student Room Group

6A*s 4As and 1C - parents still not happy

Disappointed parents. i was really close to an A* in Art and Geography.
(edited 3 years ago)
Your grades are great! Did my gcse's last year and got 7A* 2A 1B 1C. Your grades are similar to mine if not better. You should be proud of yourself. Btw wat were your parents expecting??
(edited 5 years ago)
As long as you're happy with your results that's all that matters! You've done amazing! Don't let people who don't fully understand the difficulty of doing GCSEs dampen your spirits! You must be one of the top performers in your school! You can get in you college/sixth form easily with those grades and if you keep working hard you'll keep achieving great things.
My parents said to me as long as I tried my best it didn't matter what I ended up with and they saw the amount of time I spent revising and we're proud of me and yours should be too! To get those results you must've worked hard! You can only do your best and should be proud of your achievements!
(edited 7 years ago)
They are really good results! What is important is whether YOU are happy with them, and you definitely should be, so don't let your parents stop you from being proud of your achievements :smile:
Original post by student004
despite that parents still arrent happy with my grades. i was really close to an A* in Art and Geography.

It doesn't matter what your parents think. If you're happy, and you can do what you what, that is what matters.
what did you get a C in? was it an important subject?
well done!!!!!! your parents should be extremely happy!! I could only dream of getting 6 A*s:smile:
Move out ASAP.
Reply 8
As long as your happy its fine, btw GCSE is like forgotten about at/after Alevel. They literally just get you to college and help you out to either oxbridge or medicine in an oxbridge equivalent, if your not planning to go oxbridge then literally forget all about them, and if you are your grades are still better than average. Only thing they will help with is if your not going to college or uni.
(edited 7 years ago)
are your parents asian or something? My parents are asian and my Dad went mental when my Sister got 4A*s and 6As a few years ago.
Smfh parents like this annoy me, they should at least be happy that you passed everything.
Your grades are great, better than mine
This was the same for me last year, I got 6A*s, I think my parents were expecting 10A*s...

It took them a while, but they realised after a couple of days that my results were good and they were proud of me in the end.
Your self-worth should be based on your own happiness.

As long as you have tried your best, they should be happy for you.
With all due respect f ur parents like those grades are AMAZING u must have worked hard its ur grade not theirs
Original post by happiness12
what did you get a C in? was it an important subject?

English language

Quick Reply

Latest