The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE results good enough? Be honest!

I received my GCSES results today and I'm slightly disappointed. I ideally wanted 8 A*s and 2 As but these are my results:

English Literature: A*
English Language: A*
Maths: A
Physics: B
Chemistry: B (1 mark off an A)
Religious Studies: A*
Spanish: A*
History: A
Latin: A*
Drama: A*

So I got 6A*s, 2As and 2Bs. I know these grades are fine but I'm still quite disappointed. All the subjects I'm doing for A Level I got high A*s in, which is positive for A Level but I still feel I could have done better.

Are they good enough for top universities, preferably abroad? Congratulations to everyone else too
Nah sorry can't go into Russell group with those.
Reply 2
These are more than good enough for top universities. Congratulations on your results and enjoy the rest of your day! :biggrin:
Yes, don't worry about it! :biggrin:
Can someone please tell me how many marks u need to get a C for AQA SCA1HP and SCA2HP higher paper? And how many marks is a C for IGCSE english language Cambridge
No it's not good at all. You need to retake all of them :wink: haha jk!! They are AMAZING RESULTS!!! 6 A*s wow!! You can get into a great course at a top uni with these grades.
Are they good enough results? no.

Will they get you into a good uni? yes.

---

Piratically speaking they are perfectly good enough for anything you want to do..

But really, you aimed for higher, and would not be asking this question if you were not a little disappointed. so no, they are not good enough. you set yourself a high standard, and next time if you want to match it, you need to find a way to be better. *

Take all the positive feelings you can get from those who will praise you, but you know you wanted better, so no they are not good enough - and next time make sure they are up to your expectations. Often its those that are not happy with what is practically enough, but strive to match their own personal goals that end up doing the best.. *
(edited 7 years ago)
Why did you make 2 threads that are about tge same thing? :s-smilie: . Do you want people to say that they are **** when they clearly aren't?
I got 223 UMS for my AQA HIGHER SCA1HP and SCA2HP, but why did i get a D??
Reply 9
Original post by GCSEdward
I received my GCSES results today and I'm slightly disappointed. I ideally wanted 8 A*s and 2 As but these are my results:

English Literature: A*
English Language: A*
Maths: A
Physics: B
Chemistry: B (1 mark off an A)
Religious Studies: A*
Spanish: A*
History: A
Latin: A*
Drama: A*

So I got 6A*s, 2As and 2Bs. I know these grades are fine but I'm still quite disappointed. All the subjects I'm doing for A Level I got high A*s in, which is positive for A Level but I still feel I could have done better.

Are they good enough for top universities, preferably abroad? Congratulations to everyone else too

These results are so similar to mine omg. Except I did French and got an A, got an A in drama and got an A* in history
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
I got 223 UMS for my AQA HIGHER SCA1HP and SCA2HP, but why did i get a D??

Probably because Max is 400. With 400, 200 is a D and 240 is a C.
I dont think that right cuz 240 is a C on foundation paper?
Original post by Vikingninja
Probably because Max is 400. With 400, 200 is a D and 240 is a C.
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
I dont think that right cuz 240 is a C on foundation paper?

UMS is the way to translate raw marks into grades. Grades are based on % UMS points (D being 50% and C being 60%).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest