The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough University Accommodation - Butler Court 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My question is: are pets strictly banned (including even fish?), and are plants permitted in rooms???
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by sandrews
My question is: are pets strictly banned (including even fish?), and are plants permitted in rooms???

Sadly no pets, I'm not sure about plants but I'm pretty positive you can!
Original post by rstevens08261
In terms of stereotypes I can tell you that Butler Court doesn't really have a stereotype, only a few halls do (i.e. People who live in Elyvn Richards are known for being rich/posh). But I would say that no hall on campus is 'racist', we has a university are very inclusive.

Is this stereotype about Elvyn true? I've been given Elvyn and I'm neither posh or super rich, I am sociable and want to go out/party a lot, so am a bit worried other halls may be better for this, will I have trouble with this at Elvyn?
Reply 23
Original post by harrietw1
Is this stereotype about Elvyn true? I've been given Elvyn and I'm neither posh or super rich, I am sociable and want to go out/party a lot, so am a bit worried other halls may be better for this, will I have trouble with this at Elvyn?

Honestly, yes it is a bit true. Most people I know from Elvyn have gone to private/international school, etc...

But you will find people of all backgrounds everywhere. And every hall is sociable!
Haha no, it's a stereotype because Elyvn is one of more expensive accommodations on campus. It's abit of a running joke really. I can assure you won't have a problem in Elyvn.
Reply 25
Anymore questions don't hesitate to ask

Less then 15 weeks to go till Freshers 16!

Hi, i'm going to be studying acc&finance at loughborough in september/ october and hope to book my accommodation soon. To have an en-suite is my main priority (maybe something close to my main lecture area) so do you have any recommendations with as least bias as possible also what else should you look for in the halls

Thanks
Original post by Yavish13
Hi, i'm going to be studying acc&finance at loughborough in september/ october and hope to book my accommodation soon. To have an en-suite is my main priority (maybe something close to my main lecture area) so do you have any recommendations with as least bias as possible also what else should you look for in the halls

Thanks

I would ring up tomorrow morning as soon as possible, as accommodation spaces are nearly full I believe:
Reply 27
I would ring up tomorrow morning as soon as possible, as accommodation spaces are nearly full I believe:

Oh dear, story of my life
Reply 28

Missed out on an ensuite any chance i still might get it :frown:
Haha no, it's a stereotype because Elyvn is one of more expensive accommodations on campus. It's abit of a running joke really. I can assure you won't have a problem in Elyvn.

Oh ok thank you! Would this not be the same as Robert Bakewell being the most expensive non catered? So would another hall be more social?
Original post by harrietw1
Oh ok thank you! Would this not be the same as Robert Bakewell being the most expensive non catered? So would another hall be more social?

No be honest all hall are social, you don't have to worry about that! Bakewell doesn't really have a stereotype.
Hi Ryan
My daughter has just been offered a ensuite in Butler court by student accomodation. She has already been given a room in Faraday but as she is quiter they think butler may be better for her. She is doing Social Pyschology and loves drama and theatre. ( not sporty) She was hoping for a close knit comminuted with a family feel - is this found at Butler as she has to make a decision to stay at farady or move to you which is where she origianally wanted but didn't get when she applied.
Would really appreciate someone's advise today as the decision needs to be made tonight!
Many thanks
Original post by Mimi jade
Hi Ryan
My daughter has just been offered a ensuite in Butler court by student accomodation. She has already been given a room in Faraday but as she is quiter they think butler may be better for her. She is doing Social Pyschology and loves drama and theatre. ( not sporty) She was hoping for a close knit comminuted with a family feel - is this found at Butler as she has to make a decision to stay at farady or move to you which is where she origianally wanted but didn't get when she applied.
Would really appreciate someone's advise today as the decision needs to be made tonight!
Many thanks

Hey :smile: is your daughter called Amelia? As I've just sent her a message over Facebook. It would be easier to speak on there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending