The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Anthropology

Anyone studying Anthropology with a year in Japan or anything similar? :biggrin:
Original post by xochae
Anyone studying Anthropology with a year in Japan or anything similar? :biggrin:

Me! Cultural Studies & Social Anthropology
Really regret not taking CS with a year abroad, ngl :tongue:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by francescacwls
Me! Cultural Studies & Social Anthropology
Really regret not taking CS with a year abroad, ngl :tongue:

Ooh great! I'm sure you'd be given the opportunity to choose the year abroad once we start. :smile:

If you don't mind me asking which accomodation are you staying at?
Original post by xochae
Ooh great! I'm sure you'd be given the opportunity to choose the year abroad once we start. :smile:

If you don't mind me asking which accomodation are you staying at?

We'll see if I can be bothered to swap :wink: But I do really like my modules too

Not atall! I'm in Lypeatt court, Parkwood, you? x
Reply 4
We'll see if I can be bothered to swap :wink: But I do really like my modules too

Not atall! I'm in Lypeatt court, Parkwood, you? x

Ooh does that mean you've selected your extra 'wild' modules yet? I'm still deciding which ones to choose... lol

Ahh okay I'm at Keynes :smile:
Original post by xochae
Ooh does that mean you've selected your extra 'wild' modules yet? I'm still deciding which ones to choose... lol

Ahh okay I'm at Keynes :smile:

ooh I originally wanted Keynes, looks nice :smile:

Yeah, not that I had many choices, I only had 30credits for wild modules. I like the look of the 2nd and 3rd year optional modules, that's why I was torn, especially as both courses have so many overlapping subjects anyway. But for now I'll just keep it simple and stick with what I chose, and trust that I chose it for a reason.
My modules look like this, how's your deciding going?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
ooh I originally wanted Keynes, looks nice :smile:

Yeah, not that I had many choices, I only had 30credits for wild modules. I like the look of the 2nd and 3rd year optional modules, that's why I was torn, especially as both courses have so many overlapping subjects anyway. But for now I'll just keep it simple and stick with what I chose, and trust that I chose it for a reason.
My modules look like this, how's your deciding going?

Yeah it seems like one of the most popular choice of accommodation.

Same.. I only have 30 extra credits. I guess since my year abroad is in Japan it would be wise to choose Japanese. That means we both decided on languages :smile:

What made you choose Russian?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xochae
Yeah it seems like one of the most popular choice of accommodation.

Same.. I only have 30 extra credits. I guess since my year abroad is in Japan it would be wise to choose Japanese. That means we both decided on languages :smile:

What made you choose Russian?

Ooooh i SO nearly chose Japanese :smile: I chose Russian because I love languages, I'd already studied Chinese and Spanish, and lived in France, so decided I didn't want to do Chinese again or another european language.
Really I just wanted something really different culturally and alphabet-wise to eveverything I know, so it was Russian or Japanese.
Also my uncle married a Russian when I was 15, I want to his wedding in Moscow and loved it so much! Translating the names of shops felt like code cracking :P Having been there was what tipped my decision really, but it was tough
Reply 8
Ooooh i SO nearly chose Japanese :smile: I chose Russian because I love languages, I'd already studied Chinese and Spanish, and lived in France, so decided I didn't want to do Chinese again or another european language.
Really I just wanted something really different culturally and alphabet-wise to eveverything I know, so it was Russian or Japanese.
Also my uncle married a Russian when I was 15, I want to his wedding in Moscow and loved it so much! Translating the names of shops felt like code cracking :P Having been there was what tipped my decision really, but it was tough

For me it was between Japanese and Spanish, but in the end as you know I chose Japanese. I would still love to dabble into some Spanish in my own time. I also really love languages, but I'm monolingual.. lol

Ooh that's amazing! That sounds like such fun :smile: Defo Russian would be a good addition to your other languages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending