The Student Room Group

are my exams result bad??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessBO$$
How did you do in english? :smile:

Lol mate I didn't take English, I didn't take any GCSE's this year nor last year for that matter, I was just messing around on your thread. :rofl:
But I did get B in Eng Lit and C in Eng Lang for GCSE as well as B in Eng Lang and C in Eng Lit for iGCSE two years ago (Yes, I sat 2 exam boards; AQA and Edexcel lolololol);D

How did you do this year? :smile:
Lmao an E is a pass now ? O_o
Original post by lucabrasi98
I just don't understand why you only have 4 GCSE's?

because im a private student :smile:
Original post by RDKGames
Lol mate I didn't take English, I didn't take any GCSE's this year nor last year for that matter, I was just messing around on your thread. :rofl:
But I did get B in Eng Lit and C in Eng Lang for GCSE as well as B in Eng Lang and C in Eng Lit for iGCSE two years ago (Yes, I sat 2 exam boards; AQA and Edexcel lolololol);D

How did you do this year? :smile:

I did fine A* in lit and an A in language :tongue:
I got 223 UMS for my AQA HIGHER SCA1HP and SCA2HP, but why did i get a D??
if you have gotten an X grade or a U (which some people do end up getting) then that is classed as a fail.

Having said that, anything below a C is just not a good pass.
Original post by _gcx
E = Pass
C = Good Pass

^ that is where the confusion arises.

But when people say that they've "failed maths/english" or you need to pass maths/English they mean you need a C grade. Surely C is a pass?
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I did fine A* in lit and an A in language :tongue:

Nice result! Are you continuing English at A-Level or you got something else in mind?

(Plus I'm foreign so that's my excuse for no A........ :frown: )
Nice result! Are you continuing English at A-Level or you got something else in mind?

(Plus I'm foreign so that's my excuse for no A... :frown: )

Yh i was predicted a C in lit:h: Yh i might take it on
Yh im not british either ethnically. My first language is somali, then english
Original post by HopelessMedic
But when people say that they've "failed maths/english" or you need to pass maths/English they mean you need a C grade. Surely C is a pass?

Technically speaking any grade but a U is a pass. The C thing simply comes from the fact that pretty much all employers and further education institutions require you to have a C in these subjects before they let you on their course/jobs.
Technically speaking any grade but a U is a pass. The C thing simply comes from the fact that pretty much all employers and further education institutions require you to have a C in these subjects before they let you on their course/jobs.

Ah ok, fair enough
How did your school let you take only 4 GCSEs? Best option for you is to find an apprenticeship. I don't think higher education is for you.
It is not top notch material, but it is not too bad either- I mean, this opinion, is bound to differ from person-to-person- the question is - do you think those results are bad?

With regards to allowing you to progress onto A-levels, I would say that, at-least at my school, you would probably be put into a level 3 subject, not trying to scare you, just being realistic.

But, don't worry about it too much, if you can get the remark for the lower grades, then consider doing so, you have nothing to lose, if not, then, just forget about it, afterall they are Gcses and you can always get higher grades in your A-levels (if you do them). :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest