The Student Room Group

What GCSE result are you most surprised of?

English literature- got an F in the mock exam in March somehow was able to pull off an A...:s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rajive
English literature- got an F in the mock exam in March somehow was able to pull of an A...:s-smilie:

Well done!!!! :woo:

I took mine last year, but I was so surprised to see I got A* in my Computing!
I got a A* in my business exam ahhh
I got a U in my RS(never revised) mock exam. I managed to get a B .
Reply 3
OP I'm the same as you (always on a B/C), except I didn't revise and I was proper surprised! You probs revised tho.
I got an A* in maths and an A in further maths.....I was predicted a B!
Reply 5
Original post by CR7_
OP I'm the same as you (always on a B/C), except I didn't revise and I was proper surprised! You probs revised tho.

I revised the night before, just learning quotes and themes but I honestly thought that the revision I did was not gonna help me.
Reply 6
I thought the C in french was quite surprising since I've never been good at it

Posted from TSR Mobile
English and maths defo

Got a B in maths (how the **** did I do that)

Got a C in English, last year I got a E
English Lit. Had to be taken out of the first exam and didn't even finish the second yet somehow I got an A* :s-smilie:
Reply 9
R.S I got a C in the mock and ended up with 100% A* in the exam!
Reply 10
Original post by trabajadora
English Lit. Had to be taken out of the first exam and didn't even finish the second yet somehow I got an A* :s-smilie:

English lit is weird....:colonhash:
Got a E in the Geography mock in December and came out with an A!
Original post by iEthan
Well done!!!! :woo:

I took mine last year, but I was so surprised to see I got A* in my Computing!

That's amazing. I got an A and a B for my controlled assessments but got an F for the exam, so I got a D. Going to have to retake :frown:
Reply 13
English Language :s-smilie: in my mocks I got an A* in Language and a B in literature.

In my actual results I got an A in Language and an A* in Literature, somehow the tables turned completely?
Original post by أنيسة
That's amazing. I got an A and a B for my controlled assessments but got an F for the exam, so I got a D. Going to have to retake :frown:

Hey there,

First of all… well done for getting a B in the controlled assessment! Computing isn't easy and the controlled assessment is a complete pain in the backside! Secondly, I'm sorry to hear you didn't do as well as you'd hoped. But the fact you're opting to retake it is brilliant and shows your dedication to the subject. If you ever need any help, or you have questions… come and speak to me and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction! :h:
I largely taught myself for GCSE Japanese. The writing and the speaking weren't very well practised so I was expecting maybe a B at best. I got and A*!!!!
Reply 16
HISTORY.
I hated history by the end, in fact the word does not begin to describe my feelings towards the subject.
This morning my history teacher walks up to me and says "What did you think to your history grade?"
And I said "I haven't even looked at it yet."
It was an A*
Then she told me I got full marks on two of the 4 units I was mind blown.
Computing - got an A so a big improvement on the F I got in the mock!

Also maths, ruled out getting an A after I saw the grade boundaries, but I got one! somehow!!

and R.E - got E's in every other exam but managed an A!!
i got 2 as in russian aand history which is annoying cos i got 94% and 92% respectively in hte mock exams
A in maths

Quick Reply

Latest