The Student Room Group

Did your university raise tuition fees to £9250?

And if they did, does that mean their university is of better quality compared to those that didn't?
Original post by asiansloth
And if they did, does that mean their university is of better quality compared to those that didn't?

Mine hasn't. Does that make it a bad uni? I'm not so sure.
They can only raise their fees from 2017 so only a select few have announced increases, I doubt many will until the beginning of next year bar for medicine type programs and maybe Oxbridge as without a list of which universities were allowed to increase fees it could be seen as bad advertising. So far it's only Durham, Kent and Royal Holloway that have announced increases.
Reply 3
Supply and demand in action. If they're confident that they can get people to pay increased fees, then they'll have no scruples about raising them as soon s permitted. Unis lower in the pecking order, or courses which rely heavily on Clearing to make up the numbers, are less likely to.

The government have made fee increases dependent on uni performance, so lower ranking unis will not be able to.
Original post by asiansloth

Hello :smile:

Mine raised theirs to £9500 - I don't think it says that the university is good or bad. It's their choice whether they want to take the option to raise their fees - could be because they want to expand so need more income or to improve areas for students etc.

Quick Reply