The Student Room Group

I manage £25,000 of my own money in the stock market, AMA?

Profit/Loss: £1500 (up so far)

Holdings in Equity: Apple, BP, Berkley Group Holdings, H&M, Galliford Try, Starbucks, Paragon Group of Companies, Greggs, Interserve, Kotak India Mid Cap Fund, Legal and General

Holdings in Debt Securities: Eros International Bonds (6.5%, bought at 67p)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My aim is to double the money within a year, hopefully Interserve, Galliford Try and Berkeley Group can get me there!

Interserve bought at 316p
Galliford Try bought at 1010p
Berkeley group bought at 2492p
(edited 7 years ago)
yeahhh but how much did you loooooooooooooooooooooooos
Reply 3
Original post by Betelgeuse-
yeahhh but how much did you loooooooooooooooooooooooos

I haven't....

I buy in when we have a good P/E ratio, good dividends, good dividend cover, the stock has corrected in the last year and there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the company.
Reply 4
Original post by momoneyme89
Profit/Loss: £1500 (up so far)

in how long?
Reply 5
Original post by Reue
in how long?

4 weeks
Reply 6
4 weeks

Not too bad, but alot will be down to the turbulent markets these past couple of months. Have you diversified outside of your stock selection?*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh wise market wizard, please bestow me upon thy prediction of the next ten-bagger stock to purchase.
can I ask which platform you're using to do your business? A lot of dodgy sites out there
I haven't....

I buy in when we have a good P/E ratio, good dividends, good dividend cover, the stock has corrected in the last year and there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the company.

That will change very soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have experience in investing? Because if you don't, I'd stay away from investing so much money at once. Maybe invest in a Vanguard fund or something?
Original post by Vodka
Oh wise market wizard, please bestow me upon thy prediction of the next ten-bagger stock to purchase.

Interserve, Paragon Group of Companies, Inditex, Easyjet (yes it looks very undervalued)
Original post by Reue
Not too bad, but alot will be down to the turbulent markets these past couple of months. Have you diversified outside of your stock selection?*

I forgot to add Legal and General.

So it must be like 11/12 different securities. Plus a fund (which I hate personally) but it gives me exposure to India. The fund must have 70+ stocks.
Original post by RomeoSantos
can I ask which platform you're using to do your business? A lot of dodgy sites out there

http://www.hl.co.uk/
Original post by Trapz99
Do you have experience in investing? Because if you don't, I'd stay away from investing so much money at once. Maybe invest in a Vanguard fund or something?

Yes, I have to have experience, or I wouldn't risk 25K.

I don't like funds, too much diversification into crap you shouldn't be holding (like banks)

I only hold funds if I lack knowledge in a particular economy, like India for example. I don't want to take a punt and hold a security on the Bombay Stock Exchange I know nothing about. Better to hold a Kotak or Jupiter India Fund.
Only £25k?

Not that much really, not that I play the stock market. But if I did and lost £25k I wouldn't miss it.

Be brave OP! Why not put more in?
take your money and run
Original post by MeYou2Night
Only £25k?

Not that much really, not that I play the stock market. But if I did and lost £25k I wouldn't miss it.

Be brave OP! Why not put more in?

I don't have anymore to put in. You don't really lose money in the stock market, I mean it's very hard to lose money in the long run holding good businesses.

I want to put in more, I want to have 100k in stocks. That will provide 4/5k a year alone in dividend income.
Original post by richpanda
take your money and run

Where do I run to?
I don't have anymore to put in. You don't really lose money in the stock market, I mean it's very hard to lose money in the long run holding good businesses.

I want to put in more, I want to have 100k in stocks. That will provide 4/5k a year alone in dividend income.

Fair dos and good luck! :smile: I hope you get the reward for the hard work/stress
It must cause!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending