The Student Room Group

Wrong course work sent off by teacher

My ICT grade was oddly lower than predicted falling from an A to a C. It came to me that my coursework was predicted an A but when marked.. fell to a D. I worked out eventually that it is because the wrong version of my course work had been sent of. Is there anything I can do about this?
I'm not sure if anything is possible at this point. If it's down to a mistake on your teacher's behalf then perhaps something can be done….

@The Learn Ranger can you advise please? :smile:
Original post by DanielHC10
My ICT grade was oddly lower than predicted falling from an A to a C. It came to me that my coursework was predicted an A but when marked.. fell to a D. I worked out eventually that it is because the wrong version of my course work had been sent of. Is there anything I can do about this?

Why were there two versions? Did you have to sign a cover sheet?
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Why were there two versions? Did you have to sign a cover sheet?

2 Versions because we were told that we shouldn't delete our work just in case anything happened to it. Yes we did sign a cover sheet
2 Versions because we were told that we shouldn't delete our work just in case anything happened to it. Yes we did sign a cover sheet

And is the work sent off electronically? Or did you print it out, attach it to the cover sheet and hand it in?
Reply 5
And is the work sent off electronically? Or did you print it out, attach it to the cover sheet and hand it in?

Electronically, teacher sent it off.
Electronically, teacher sent it off.

And how do you know it was the wrong version?
Reply 7
And how do you know it was the wrong version?

Because my overall grade was a D, when my teacher marked it... it was an A. Surely the predicted grade and overall grade should be similar and not so different.
Because my overall grade was a D, when my teacher marked it... it was an A. Surely the predicted grade and overall grade should be similar and not so different.

I think you will find many, many examples of that happening. It sounds like the teacher graded it too high to begin with.
Reply 9
I think you will find many, many examples of that happening. It sounds like the teacher graded it too high to begin with.

No but the issue is that I have always been a high achiever in ICT, in the exam I got an A. In all my mocks, I got A's and my coursework was marked by the teacher as an A. Everything matched the Controlled Assessment brief, of course not a 100% best because it would be an A* but my overall coursework wasn't D standard.
No but the issue is that I have always been a high achiever in ICT, in the exam I got an A. In all my mocks, I got A's and my coursework was marked by the teacher as an A. Everything matched the Controlled Assessment brief, of course not a 100% best because it would be an A* but my overall coursework wasn't D standard.

Sounds tricky ....

Do you have both versions saved with dates? Can you take the issue up with your teacher - explaining carefully what you think may have happened and providing evidence?

I'm afraid you might not be able to sort things out for this exam .... but see what they say anyway.

Let me know what happens.

Good luck.
Reply 11
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Sounds tricky ....

Do you have both versions saved with dates? Can you take the issue up with your teacher - explaining carefully what you think may have happened and providing evidence?

I'm afraid you might not be able to sort things out for this exam .... but see what they say anyway.

Let me know what happens.

Good luck.

Sadly, and stupidly... the teacher has left the school. All ICT teachers are new, all versions have dates modified
If you genuinely think there was a mistake you need to speak to your exams officer
Sadly, and stupidly... the teacher has left the school. All ICT teachers are new, all versions have dates modified

Well, not sure the teacher was stupid to leave the school!... But it sounds like you're running out of options, mostly because there'[s no evidence to support your version of events. It's probably time to grit your teeth and try to forget about it.

Sorry. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest