The Student Room Group

Overall, Which Exam Board don't you like?.

Scroll to see replies

edexcel

Spoiler

All exam boards - but AQA had lower GB's for AS this year!! Especially for Bio.
(edited 7 years ago)
WJEC.
AQA is the worst then OCR
So I just looked at OCR additional science grade boundaries and they are ridiculously low. That exam was very hard in my personal opioion. Just hope I make science teacher proud who I really appreciate of for being the must supportive throughout the exams . Good luck for tomorrow guys 😥😰😫
Reply 26
Original post by BR1999
Aqa - F**ked me over on AS law, they gave me a B, now i have to pay for a check and a remark all because they couldn't mark my paper properly :angry:

SAME!!!!! 2 UMS of my A- been getting 100% in class and they give me a f****** B
1. AQA
2. OCR
3. Edexcel
Reply 28
Original post by AfcFob
SAME!!!!! 2 UMS of my A- been getting 100% in class and they give me a f****** B

I know right my law teachers just as fuming as me, i was expecting about 93 UMS on paper 1 and i opened my results saw 67 UMS and i was like fml right now :biggrin:. I've sent off for it to be checked I'm literally opening my email every hour to see if my teacher found anything :biggrin:, are you getting it remarked or checked?
Reply 29
Edexcel are evil.

AQA I prefer the papers - the way they're set out, the sort of questions you get - but their mark schemes are ridiculous and they seem to be getting worse each year. They've also made a lot of mistakes on marking my papers. (Not to mention people keep nabbing the A Level Biology papers off them! LOL.)

OCR is just kind of...in the middle. Never had any experience with WJEC.
Reply 30
all of them they can all rot in hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edxcel is worst 170 for A* in maths still got an A tho and 78/80 for A* in art still passed with an A tho so yayy

Aqa kinda
OCR and Edexcel :angry:
Edexcel 🖕🏻
OCR for Computing.
I got 223 UMS for my AQA HIGHER SCA1HP and SCA2HP, but why did i get a D??
All of these exam boards are rotten in their own way.
Reply 37
Original post by BR1999
I know right my law teachers just as fuming as me, i was expecting about 93 UMS on paper 1 and i opened my results saw 67 UMS and i was like fml right now :biggrin:. I've sent off for it to be checked I'm literally opening my email every hour to see if my teacher found anything :biggrin:, are you getting it remarked or checked?

Remark- as soon as I get back from Majorca I'm going to my college's exam office and getting a remark, I've already spoken to them over the phone and they think it's the right course of action (just getting Law02 remarked as Law01 was an A)
Reply 38
Original post by AfcFob
Remark- as soon as I get back from Majorca I'm going to my college's exam office and getting a remark, I've already spoken to them over the phone and they think it's the right course of action (just getting Law02 remarked as Law01 was an A)

Oh i got an A in unit 2. My check just came back and i spoke to my law tutor and she said it was marked harshly and it is a risk getting it remarked. Not sure whether i should resit or just push for my A* even though i got a B 😢
aqa cause they always release their grade boundaries about 8 hours after everyone else :l

Quick Reply

Latest