The Student Room Group

I have been personally abused and vctimised by edexcel

Scroll to see replies

170 marks for an A* which means 85 marks per paper. In my opinion, any A* student should be able to get 85 every single time

For my A* at A-Level I needed to get 135 out of 150 marks in C3 and C4, which is exactly 90% of the marks, and those are the hardest two modules.
A-level maths is obviously a lot more difficult than GCSE maths but still that's what I had to get
(edited 7 years ago)
As if they've made this years exam harder than last year. I sat my maths exam last year in tears trying to answer the questions. I feel bad for you guys :frown:
Update guys i ended up getting an a like i predicted with a score of 169/200 painful? Yes i know. I'm going to get a remark and hopefully those method marks will pull me through.i'm happy with my a in maths as going to school kinda gave me a reality check. I had to witness people crying because they didn't get their c to go to college. So i'm eternally grateful.
Original post by AsiyaAden9879
Update guys i ended up getting an a like i predicted with a score of 169/200 painful? Yes i know. I'm going to get a remark and hopefully those method marks will pull me through.i'm happy with my a in maths as going to school kinda gave me a reality check. I had to witness people crying because they didn't get their c to go to college. So i'm eternally grateful.

So much for Edexcel personally abusing you, such a victim. :colonhash:

Well done on the A! :smile:
Original post by RDKGames
So much for Edexcel personally abusing you, such a victim. :colonhash:

Well done on the A! :smile:

I still hold a grudge lmao.

Thank you and I hope you got the grades you wanted at A level.
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
Even though i got 273/300 for maths im talking about further maths 220/300😭😭😭😭😭😭

Further Maths is something I would never take after being screwed over by just maths! You will be fine, just worked for next year and you can make it. I finished my maths A-Level this year and boy, never again! Got a C overall. Good Luck!
I still hold a grudge lmao.

Thank you and I hope you got the grades you wanted at A level.

Well I hope you get your A*! If you planning to do A-Level Mathematics, do lots of past paper and tackle all little complex things and you will be fine :smile:

same 169/200
worth a remark ?
Original post by sakuraton
Well I hope you get your A*! If you planning to do A-Level Mathematics, do lots of past paper and tackle all little complex things and you will be fine :smile:

Thank you and I'll be doing Maths in September, so thanks for the advice aswell i'll definitely take it on board once i start.:biggrin:
Original post by emmalulu88
same 169/200
worth a remark ?

Definitely! My maths teacher told me my exam paper was probably one of 50 or more an examiner had to mark.So they probably won't be attentive to all of the methods marks you're eligible to be awarded.You've got nothing to lose, it's unlikely your paper will go down 30 marks to become a B.
Reply 70
The papers were pretty easy, I managed to comfortably get an A* and I did it in year 10.

They only allow a certain % of people to get the A* and unfortunately you were not one of those people.
Original post by ClydeJ
They only allow a certain % of people to get the A* and unfortunately you were not one of those people.

LOL what?! :rofl:
Original post by ClydeJ
The papers were pretty easy, I managed to comfortably get an A* and I did it in year 10.

loool get out of here and stick to you 9-1 gcse. Your A* won't count anyways.

Plus I took 11 gcses in combination with maths unlike you, who put your soul into one subject.
Obs you didnt pray to harambe before doing your exam :biggrin:, good look getting anywhere with that grade :smile:
**UPDATE* in the unlikely event of my grade going up via a remark, IT DID! I don't know by how many marks but my exam officer emailed earlier. So although I was happy with an A in gcse maths, i'm also happy that my grade went up to an A*. Since, I started my a levels namely maths I've realised how insignificant gcse's really are. I'm happy this happened to me because it motivates me not to let the same thing happen in my a levels.
so i've just seen the edexcel gcse grade boundaries. (hoping its fake) .170 MARKS FOR AN A* ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH? A GIGGLE?

I started september with a c in maths. I told myself I was not going to get a c or even a b in maths because I felt like I could do better. So September through December I worked my butt off and ended up with an A. An A was all i was aiming nothing more, nothing less.At this point my teacher was hella proud of me and told me to push for an a* as I had a few months left.So I did.A week before the exam I was averaging high 80's and low 90's. I was content. Then I done the june 2015 paper and managed to get a 95. The paper was so controversial.Yet so very easy. I looked at the grade boundaries and laughed 155? seriously. A week goes by, I sit my edexcel gcse maths paper, i started to panic at the beginning because my mind couldn't believe I was sitting my actual maths gcse.Anyways this panic led me to make dumb mistakes e.g. forgeting to write units, key on stem and leaf, converting units, dividing properly ( i wrote 6/3=3 in an algebra question and many more) therefore i lost marks, alot of them. I ended up with 168 in total after numerous unofficial mark schemes and being harsh with myself.the 2016 gcse maths paper was definitely harder than 2015. So i thought the grade boundaries would stay the same if not lower. LITTLE DID I KNOW EDEXCEL LOOKED AT MY MARKS AND SAID NOPE LETS MAKE THE BOUNDARY 2 MARKS HIGHER SHE DOESN'T DESERVE IT. IF THOSE GRADE BOUNDARIES ARE TRUE I WILL NEVER EVER SIT AN EDEXCEL PAPER AGAIN IN MY LIFE, ( I WILL GO TO A COLLEGE THAT IS NOT AFFLIATED WITH EDEXCELS ********)
ANYWAYS I DONT DESERVE THIS AND NONE OF THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO WAS DESPERATE TO SCRAPE AN A*
ITS NOT ABOUT GETTING ALOT OF A*'S FOR ME IT'S JUST THAT I ACTUALLY TRIED.I REVISED THE NIGHT BEFORE FOR ALL MY EXAMS AND I HAVEN'T EVEN BOTHERED TO LOOK AT THE BOUNDARIES FOR OTHER SUBJECTS.

***UPDATE*** THE GRADE BOUNDARIES ARE REAL, BIG SHOUTOUT TO EDEXCEL FOR BEING THE WORST EXAM BOARD IN ALL OF GCSE HISTORY.
** Update guys** i ended up getting an a like i predicted with a score of 169/200 painful? Yes i know. I'm going to get a remark and hopefully those method marks will pull me through.i'm happy with my a in maths as going to school kinda gave me a reality check. I had to witness people crying because they didn't get their c to go to college. So i'm eternally grateful.

**UPDATE* in the unlikely event of my grade going up via a remark, IT DID! I don't know by how many marks but my exam officer emailed earlier. So although I was happy with an A in gcse maths, i'm also happy that my grade went up to an A*. Since, I started my a levels namely maths I've realised how insignificant gcse's really are. I'm happy this happened to me because it motivates me not to let the same thing happen in my a levels.

Don't worry I was shocked when I saw the grade boundary for an A this year- 140 marks, that is 15 marks higher than 2015! HIghest it has ever been! I still managed to get an A though, but I didn't revise and after the exam I was so scared I got a B, I was 99% sure after I saw the grade boundaries. I feel sorry for you; it sounds like you worked so hard!:smile: But we all know edexcel always mess everything up; I am now doing Edexcel A-level maths...:frown:
Original post by ClydeJ

This is complete crap! Where did you hear this? YOU GET AN A* IF YOU DESERVE IT AND ARE GOOD ENOUGH!

I'm so happy for you!!! Yeah I think gcse maths is very unimportant compared to a level maths too!:smile:
Original post by bassbabe
As if they've made this years exam harder than last year. I sat my maths exam last year in tears trying to answer the questions. I feel bad for you guys :frown:

The grade boundaries was 15 marks higher than last year for an A-at 140!!! I had a heart attack looking at the grade boundaries!:tongue:
Original post by sunshine774
I'm so happy for you!!! Yeah I think gcse maths is very unimportant compared to a level maths too!:smile:

Thank you! Congrats on your A in maths, you deserve it x

Quick Reply

Latest