The Student Room Group

Could there be a Latin European Union?

I don't think the EU works. However, this doesn't mean I'm opposed to all unions that could.

When you think of the culture, language and economy of the western European latin countries, surely political union may be a goer for them?

France
Portugal
Spain
Italy.

Maybe there are too many tensions, I don't know.

I think if the EU breaks up, realistically a few smaller countries might opt to stay with Germany, to the east. Then it seems we could have these blocks-

Germany and East
South East
Latin West(above)
Scandinavia
UK(maybe with links with Scandis)

Surely if single currencies, for example and unions worked, it would work much better on such a scale.
We don't need more beaurocracy in this world
Screw Rome
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I don't think the EU works. However, this doesn't mean I'm opposed to all unions that could.

When you think of the culture, language and economy of the western European latin countries, surely political union may be a goer for them?

France
Portugal
Spain
Italy.

Maybe there are too many tensions, I don't know.

I think if the EU breaks up, realistically a few smaller countries might opt to stay with Germany, to the east. Then it seems we could have these blocks-

Germany and East
South East
Latin West(above)
Scandinavia
UK(maybe with links with Scandis)

Surely if single currencies, for example and unions worked, it would work much better on such a scale.

Would Switzerland be included as its one third Italian? Also Rumania as it is a Latin type country?
Original post by Ambitious1999
Would Switzerland be included as its one third Italian? Also Rumania as it is a Latin type country?

No, Romania would be in an East or South-Eastern block.

The Swiss wouldn't want to join, probably, but could do...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending