The Student Room Group

Muslim immigration will be stopped after Brexit

After Brexit is completed, Muslim immigration will be at almost 0 as the UK will have a functioning immigration system where only the skilled may enter, similar to the US's sytem. How do people feel about this?
Sources? Are you saying Muslims are not skilled ? Post does not make sense
Muslims can be skilled workers as well you know..
I wouldn't be surprised if they all just leave anyway because of the racist and discriminatory nation we are becoming.
Original post by alevelstresss
I wouldn't be surprised if they all just leave anyway because of the racist and discriminatory nation we are becoming.

Stop whining about how bad it is for Muslims here. They're just as equal as the any another person and the law explicitly infers it so don't call the UK discriminatory. There are much worse places for people with a religion in the world.

And btw Islam isn't a race. Have you not learnt anything from all the countless posts you've made?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Stop whining about how bad it is for Muslims here. They're just as equal as the any another person and the law explicitly infers it so don't call the UK discriminatory. There are much worse places for people with a religion in the world.

Race crime and hate crimes spiked in the wake of Brexit. I think its slowly becoming a worse place to be in if you are non-British, I am not being specific about Muslims.
Race crime and hate crimes spiked in the wake of Brexit. I think its slowly becoming a worse place to be in if you are non-British, I am not being specific about Muslims.

Numbers have risen but they're still low. Racism is openly condemned here. And I can give PLENTY of examples of British people rejecting racism.
This is naive, wish you were right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MexfSD94OA

But here's Le Pen on how much the EU sucks.
Numbers have risen but they're still low. Racism is openly condemned here. And I can give PLENTY of examples of British people rejecting racism.

There are communities outside of our precious haven of London where racism is not so openly condemned, its what fuelled the Brexit vote. UKIP, the BNP, Britain First and things like Brexit are legitimising the views of these people. Racism is low, but the problem is that it is rising. My initial statement about all Muslims leaving was slightly non-serious anyway.

Rubbish. They know their treatment is cushy, and many are serious about European domination. Appeasers and cowards who don't want to do anything call everyone who has a problem with this racists, when they never had a problem with Hindus and Sikhs, and Chinese people, and the rest. I'm sick of people denying this civlizational threat.
There are communities outside of our precious haven of London where racism is not so openly condemned, its what fuelled the Brexit vote. UKIP, the BNP, Britain First and things like Brexit are legitimising the views of these people. Racism is low, but the problem is that it is rising. My initial statement about all Muslims leaving was slightly non-serious anyway.

Can you please tell me the numbers of BNP, EDL and Britain First and then compare their numbers to the entire UK population?
Can you please tell me the numbers of BNP, EDL and Britain First and then compare their numbers to the entire UK population?

Let me be clear on this. Membership does not matter, what matters is that there are anti-immigrant, anti-muslim, anti-foreigner voices out there, who in the wake of the Brexit vote, have gained some political legitimacy. This means that the average racist in the UK, who would otherwise feel guilty about venting racist feelings, now realises that he isn't alone. Deprived communities which had an anti-immigrant sentiment have realised that they are the majority, when they previously thought they were the minority. So this whole chaotic last two months has made these people feel justified in their racist feelings, which has led to this rise in hate crime. And the fact that Brexit won't be delivered for several years, if at all, will only make these people MORE angry and lead to more crimes of this nature.

And I like how you excluded UKIP. They might not be racist themselves, but they legitimise racist feelings - and the Brexit vote has given them the perfect opportunity to prove to their supporters that they are right. Its the same thing with Donald Trump in the USA, he is suddenly saying its OK to blame other races for our problems, when previously, pro-establishment politicians wouldn't dare say such a thing. Political correctness may be bigoted sometimes, but its there for a reason.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Rubbish. They know their treatment is cushy, and many are serious about European domination. Appeasers and cowards who don't want to do anything call everyone who has a problem with this racists, when they never had a problem with Hindus and Sikhs, and Chinese people, and the rest. I'm sick of people denying this civlizational threat.

What problem? That they have 'backwards thoughts'? The Orwellian-style thought police state that you seem to be favourable of would be a far worse type of society than the type you are actively trying to incriminate. Lol
Let me be clear on this. Membership does not matter, what matters is that there are anti-immigrant, anti-muslim, anti-foreigner voices out there, who in the wake of the Brexit vote, have gained some political legitimacy. This means that the average racist in the UK, who would otherwise feel guilty about venting racist feelings, now realises that he isn't alone. Deprived communities which had an anti-immigrant sentiment have realised that they are the majority, when they previously thought they were the minority. So this whole chaotic last two months has made these people feel justified in their racist feelings, which has led to this rise in hate crime. And the fact that Brexit won't be delivered for several years, if at all, will only make these people MORE angry and lead to more crimes of this nature.

And I like how you excluded UKIP. They might not be racist themselves, but they legitimise racist feelings - and the Brexit vote has given them the perfect opportunity to prove to their supporters that they are right. Its the same thing with Donald Trump in the USA, he is suddenly saying its OK to blame other races for our problems, when previously, pro-establishment politicians wouldn't dare say such a thing. Political correctness may be bigoted sometimes, but its there for a reason.

I excluded UKIP because when EDL gave them an endorsement they rejected it. How do they show racism? Is it because of their immigration policies?
I excluded UKIP because when EDL gave them an endorsement they rejected it. How do they show racism? Is it because of their immigration policies?

As I said, they aren't racist, but the fact that we have a successful party which is openly criticising foreigners, foreign entities (ie the EU), immigrants and in some cases, ethnic minorities, means that the average racist person in the UK will suddenly stop feeling bad about their racist sentiment. The Brexit vote was essentially a mass opinion poll of this, and it has validated these peoples' concerns, where previously they would worry about vocalising views critical of foreigners because it was deemed politically incorrect, or because they thought they were in the minority.

That's why hate crimes spiked, and that's why they will continue to increase because Brexit will not be delivered in the form that many of them hoped.
wouldnt agree with the title

If anything this will make it easier for skilled and qualified people from the middle east to enter the UK... More like how it would be if you wanted to leave the UK and go to Australia or Canada.
Comparing it to America doesn't work as the yanks have such a stricter entry requirement. Unless you can either marry an American or find an employer who will hire you and then go through the process, getting a visa to live and work is nye on impossible.

What Brexit will prevent is the influx of people from the EU who predominantly do not have the skills which the job sectors are crying out for and therefore end up struggling.
As I said, they aren't racist, but the fact that we have a successful party which is openly criticising foreigners, foreign entities (ie the EU), immigrants and in some cases, ethnic minorities, means that the average racist person in the UK will suddenly stop feeling bad about their racist sentiment.

Being against mass muslim immigration is a reasonable position to take, it doesn't make one racist at all.
Original post by MildredMalone
Being against mass muslim immigration is a reasonable position to take, it doesn't make one racist at all.

so what? its still divisive, bigoted, offensive, discriminatory? just because something isn't *technically* racist, it doesn't mean its OK

being against mass immigration is fine, but specifically targeting ordinary Muslims because of misconceptions about 'backwards cultures' is dumb

Quick Reply

Latest