The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan is higher than it should be

So basically, I applied to the Uni of Warwick, my finance was accepted and I was going to get a maintenance loan of £8200.
I didn't get into my firm or insurance, so I got a place at Aston Uni through clearing, and updated my finance details with SFE. I just got the letter confirming my change - but in the "Total Student finance we'll pay to you" section, it states £8375.00.
What's that all about?
Do I need to inform them?
(I'll be living in private student halls in Birmingham)
Reply 1
Maybe they are just paying you more to combat the increased prices in Birmingham? If its private halls, it'll probably be more expensive, so I guess they just believe it's worthy of more. Either way, rejoice at more money lmao.
Reply 2
Original post by MPH125
Maybe they are just paying you more to combat the increased prices in Birmingham? If its private halls, it'll probably be more expensive, so I guess they just believe it's worthy of more.

The only place where you automatically get a higher Maintenance Loan is London. Everywhere else is a flat rate. Also, no account is taken of the cost of your accommodation or any other outgoings. At no point in your application will SF ask for the cost of your rent.
Reply 3
Original post by hjmdavies
So basically, I applied to the Uni of Warwick, my finance was accepted and I was going to get a maintenance loan of £8200.
I didn't get into my firm or insurance, so I got a place at Aston Uni through clearing, and updated my finance details with SFE. I just got the letter confirming my change - but in the "Total Student finance we'll pay to you" section, it states £8375.00.
What's that all about?
Do I need to inform them?
(I'll be living in private student halls in Birmingham)

Surely this isn't a problem. Maybe just phone them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is your course more than 30 weeks and 3 days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending