The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CR7_
What did you get on Geography? I remember you found paper 1 hard :frown:

Also, what did you get overall?

Omg somehow I got an A* in geography?!?! Literally no idea how!!!! I actually did better in paper 1 than 2 lol. Just shows you shouldn't try and predict grades😏

Overall I got 11A*s and 2As! I'm pretty happy haha.

How about you??
Right, my next goal is to enrol in college and if I can cope with the A-Levels then get a job to help pay for my equipment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by l'insegnante
The UMS boundary for the A* is 144. So you're quite a bit away

You're 10UMS off the A* overall

Okay thanks :smile:
I think that worked out to about 3 raw marks tho so do you think it's worth trying? x
Original post by Pedrex
I may take it in for a remark, i suppose your right, they can't take a whole grade off me! .... and wow nice one :smile: im pleased you managed to get a A, hopefully that'll be me in A level next year:colondollar: do you think you can give me your powers haha to help haha!. Good job passing buddy :smile:

thanks! :h: i hope you do really great in your a levels next year! as long as you try your best, put in as much effort as you are able to and have a lot of passion for what you're studying, i'm sure your grade will be great !! honestly, it was a big shock for me to get an A, i was sure i'd messed my english exams up! i chose to do creative writing on one of the questions, which i've never been confident in :shy2: honestly, in my experience i get better at these things as i get older. especially with english - as you become more mature it becomes easier to analyse text and do creative/persuasive writing, so it's easier to get higher grades i think. by the time you get to doing your english AS level (and especially your A2 level) i'm sure you'll see yourself improving more and more! good luck with everything - your gcse remark and your a levels! :smile:
I'm 3 UMS marks off an A in my English Language and 1 UMS mark off an A in my RE do you think it's worth getting them remarked??
Final Grades =
Law - A
English Lit. - A
English Lang. - A
French - B (2 marks off an A goddamnit)
History - A
Maths - A*
Science - A
Additional Science - A
Welsh - A (2 MARKS OF AN A* GODDAMNIT)
Religious studies - A
Music - A
Welsh Bac and Communication Level 2 - Pass

That's A*, 9 A's and a B

Individual exam/controlled assessment results I racked up a total of 12 A*'s, 14 A's, 4 B's and a C (I think).

Congratulations to everybody else on their results.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by abc_123_
I think that worked out to about 3 raw marks tho so do you think it's worth trying? x

3 raw marks away gives you a pretty good chance of getting a higher grade! i was 2 or 3 marks away from a B in my english gcse 2 years ago (can't remember if it was 2 or 3 but i think it was 3), and after it was remarked i ended up getting a B! either way, if i can get marked up by 2 marks then it's definitely possible to get marked up by 3. i think you should get your exam remarked - even if you don't manage to go up a grade, there's no way you'd end up going down a grade because you'd have to lose a LOT of marks for that to happen.

i hope everything goes well for you! :h:
Original post by kgbenett
3 raw marks away gives you a pretty good chance of getting a higher grade! i was 2 or 3 marks away from a B in my english gcse 2 years ago (can't remember if it was 2 or 3 but i think it was 3), and after it was remarked i ended up getting a B! either way, if i can get marked up by 2 marks then it's definitely possible to get marked up by 3. i think you should get your exam remarked - even if you don't manage to go up a grade, there's no way you'd end up going down a grade because you'd have to lose a LOT of marks for that to happen.

i hope everything goes well for you! :h:

Thank You!! xx :smile:
Original post by abc_123_

I'm afraid it works out around 6-8 raw marks rather than 3

I wouldn't send one of my pupils for a remark being that far out
How on earth did I get an A* in P1 and P3 edexcel physics... I'm sorry if my results have been mixed up with someone else's :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adviorum
I'm 3 UMS marks off an A in my English Language and 1 UMS mark off an A in my RE do you think it's worth getting them remarked??

yes, definitely !! 3 UMS marks is about 1 raw mark, so 1 UMS mark is about 1/3 of a raw mark. there's a fair chance your english grade could go up, and a really good chance your RE grade will go up.

also, because you're literally only 1 raw mark (or less) away from the next grade, there's no way you'd end up going down a grade at all - you would have to lose way too many marks for that to happen. so even if you get them remarked and you don't go up a grade in either, worst case scenario is your grades will stay the same!

it's 100% worth getting them remarked!! you should talk to your teachers or someone at your school about it, and they'll be able to sort it out for you. i hope it goes well ! :h:
Original post by l'insegnante
I'm afraid it works out around 6-8 raw marks rather than 3

I wouldn't send one of my pupils for a remark being that far out

Oh sorry x
Thank you for the clarification :smile:
yes, definitely !! 3 UMS marks is about 1 raw mark, so 1 UMS mark is about 1/3 of a raw mark. there's a fair chance your english grade could go up, and a really good chance your RE grade will go up.

also, because you're literally only 1 raw mark (or less) away from the next grade, there's no way you'd end up going down a grade at all - you would have to lose way too many marks for that to happen. so even if you get them remarked and you don't go up a grade in either, worst case scenario is your grades will stay the same!

it's 100% worth getting them remarked!! you should talk to your teachers or someone at your school about it, and they'll be able to sort it out for you. i hope it goes well ! :h:

Thank you!!
yeah, a lot of the time some people are unhappy with A's or B's because they want A*'s, while other people are extremely happy with C's. i think it depends on how well you've done in school before your exams, and the expectations you place on yourself & others place on you. i was in an advanced class, and i was slightly disappointed at getting an A in french because i really wanted an A*. i'm okay with an A to be honest, but if i say that i wished i'd gotten an A*, people are like: 'you should be happy with an A!' it really just depends on what you were aiming to get.

you're 100% allowed to be happy or unhappy with whatever results you got, and it's definitely frustrating when people make you feel like you have the 'wrong' reaction to your grades, seeing as we were all aiming for different grades in the first place.

Thank you!! I think my biggest problem is, in my mocks I got all B's except for 2 C's. In this I got 2 A's, 2 B's, 3 C's and a D. How how I gone down?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, what was the raw mark for an A* in OCR B RS? (I dont get ums :wink: )
I got 10A*s and 2As and I'm over the moon!:h:
Wow, u guys got great results! I got 3 A*'s and 6 A's
Maths - A
Religious Studies - A* (somehow, i just chatted ****)
Business - A (one mark of A* :L)
Eng Language - A
Eng Literature - A
Geography - A*
Biology - A
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A
Reply 5378
Original post by worksmartnothard
Omg somehow I got an A* in geography?!?! Literally no idea how!!!! I actually did better in paper 1 than 2 lol. Just shows you shouldn't try and predict grades😏

Overall I got 11A*s and 2As! I'm pretty happy haha.

How about you??

Nice one! My grades are nothing compared to yours; 2As, 5Bs and 3Cs.

Maths and English Lit were the As so pretty pleased! Not so pleased about the Bs that were like one mark off an A (I posted about this before).

And yeah, you shouldn't predict grades because I honestly thought I'd be that person with all Ds!
Original post by nisha.sri
Wow well done :smile:
Good luck to you too :smile: Hope you get an A* too.
I'll tell you what i get and you shall tell me too :tongue:

How were your results? Hopefully you got what you want :smile:
What did you get in Statistics?

Latest