The Student Room Group

Should I do A- level Physics ?

Hello, I've just received my GCSE results and I wasn't expecting to get what I got.
2- As (Computer science +History)
4- Bs (Eng lang and Lit, Physics, Maths)
3- Cs (Biology chemistry and Spanish)

Now that I've received my results I'm struggling to decide whether physics is really the right A-level for me, as in the future I would like to Architecture or something designed based. So I've decided to take it but my other option is to take Economics. So I really need some opinions to help me decide as I have no clue of what to do right now :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I you want to do something designing or engineering based, I would whole-heartedly recommend physics as its pretty much essential (in my opinion). Why not do both? Lots of people do 4 a levels and drop one the second year?
Please, please remember 4 alevels is extremely demanding and needs constant attention and hard work!!! Not impossible, but extremely demanding

Have you considered essay based subjects?

If you are into physics, read the spec, read the content of the Alevel and see if you are interested, do that for all your alevels because if you pick the wrong ones, you will suffer!!!! Be careful
Reply 3
Original post by Christistina_X
Hello, I've just received my GCSE results and I wasn't expecting to get what I got.
2- As (Computer science +History)
4- Bs (Eng lang and Lit, Physics, Maths)
3- Cs (Biology chemistry and Spanish)

Now that I've received my results I'm struggling to decide whether physics is really the right A-level for me, as in the future I would like to Architecture or something designed based. So I've decided to take it but my other option is to take Economics. So I really need some opinions to help me decide as I have no clue of what to do right now :frown:

I have just finished my A-levels in Maths, Physics and Computer Science and for GCSE's I got an A in Physics and for AS I got a B but A2 was veeeeeeery demanding and after lots of theory I came out with an A-level grade C in Physics :smile:
DO physics! Dont even think about something else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The college I'm going to I can only pick 3 A-levels so my first selection was: Maths, Physics and Graphics. - I really want to do Architecture in the future so I'm willing to learn and put in hard work. But I don't know if that would stress me out too much that I would drop Physics since I'll already be doing Maths too !. So my other option was Economics to go into business instead.

But thank you for replying so soon guys !
Original post by raman_17
I have just finished my A-levels in Maths, Physics and Computer Science and for GCSE's I got an A in Physics and for AS I got a B but A2 was veeeeeeery demanding and after lots of theory I came out with an A-level grade C in Physics :smile:

Thanks for replying !, so i'm guessing I shouldn't take it ?:wink:
Reply 7
Original post by Christistina_X
Thanks for replying !, so i'm guessing I shouldn't take it ?:wink:

no worries, here to help :biggrin: that's totally up to you but if you plan to work hard and stick to it....... then Physics A-level is for you! :wink:

Quick Reply