The Student Room Group

Honestly,are these good grades?

3A*s,7As & 3Bs?
Original post by Real_jenn
3A*s,7As & 3Bs?

Yes.

/endthread
It doesn't matter what others think. You have your own expectations and shouldn't come to others to tell you whether your grades are good or not.
3A*s,7As & 3Bs?

Really good.Well done congratulations.
3A*s,7As & 3Bs?

There's no sensible way to measure 'goodness', so 'goodness' is a thing that might as well not exist.
Depends on your capability and what you were expecting. If you were predicted 10 A*S and were capable of achieving this then obviously they are not good enough for you. But if you were expecting less then they are great results.
Reply 6
3A*s,7As & 3Bs?

They're awesome GCSE results and you should be really, really proud of them! :king1:
Reply 7
'Are these good grades'..I'm sure some people out there in the country obtained D's and E's yet you asked if yours results are good. Dude you got 3A*'s ,7A's and 3B's that's excellent. Good is just some A's, majority B's and some C's.

Really don't understand why people make threads like these and asking if they're good or not.
3A*s,7As & 3Bs?

I would be super pleased with those grades!

What are you doing for A-levels?
Original post by Sheel1
'Are these good grades'..I'm sure some people out there in the country obtained D's and E's yet you asked if yours results are good. Dude you got 3A*'s ,7A's and 3B's that's excellent. Good is just some A's, majority B's and some C's.

Really don't understand why people make threads like these and asking if they're good or not.

I need some help. I enrolled for my sixth form but i cant take chemistty because i didnt get the grades so should i send an email and beg them for a place on the couse? Please give me ideas
Original post by Deyesy
They're awesome GCSE results and you should be really, really proud of them! :king1:

Original post by TheYearNiner
I need some help. I enrolled for my sixth form but i cant take chemistty because i didnt get the grades so should i send an email and beg them for a place on the couse? Please give me ideas

Pretty sure you meant to quote Deyesy and not me :tongue:

If I were in your boat I would persuade them as much as I can that I know the materials but i didn't feel 100% in the exam due to hayfever symptoms or something (BS basically) and tell them they can test me to see If i'm capable of doing the A-level or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Well done! :woo:
Reply 12

I'd say it depends on far off you were on missing the grade you needed? If you were only a few UMS points off, I'd definitely look at contacting them but if hypothetically you need a B and you got a D; I wouldn't :/
3A*s,7As & 3Bs?

It would put you in around the top 10% in Britain.
Well you can get into any university with those and a strong set of A levels.
Reply 15

I'm in the same boat as you for history.... I've tried to appeal my options in order to hopefully be able to do history. They're going to make their final decision tomorrow based on the feedback between the Head of History (which to my luck actually really doesn't like me... FML), and the Associate Headteacher. After tomorrow their will be no other chance to convince them to let me do History which sucks. I understand that entry requirements are there for a reason, but you know what? It never killed anyone to give some leniency once in a while... You'd think that if they saw somebody who really really wants to do the subject more then anything, that they would just let them do it... But my school doesn't budge. My school gives absolutely no lenience towards anyone for any subject so fml. I think the most annoying part of it all is that I know for a fact that there will be hardly anyone taking history and the course DEFINITELY won't be anywhere near to full, but even then they will still probably turn me away. God I hate life sometimes. My hard work never pays off. Whatever I revise for I do crap in, whatever I don't revise for I ace. Great logic. I think using this logic I won't even bother revising for A-levels.
Original post by Vyres
I'm in the same boat as you for history.... I've tried to appeal my options in order to hopefully be able to do history. They're going to make their final decision tomorrow based on the feedback between the Head of History (which to my luck actually really doesn't like me... FML), and the Associate Headteacher. After tomorrow their will be no other chance to convince them to let me do History which sucks. I understand that entry requirements are there for a reason, but you know what? It never killed anyone to give some leniency once in a while... You'd think that if they saw somebody who really really wants to do the subject more then anything, that they would just let them do it... But my school doesn't budge. My school gives absolutely no lenience towards anyone for any subject so fml. I think the most annoying part of it all is that I know for a fact that there will be hardly anyone taking history and the course DEFINITELY won't be anywhere near to full, but even then they will still probably turn me away. God I hate life sometimes. My hard work never pays off. Whatever I revise for I do crap in, whatever I don't revise for I ace. Great logic. I think using this logic I won't even bother revising for A-levels.

So what should i do mate?
Reply 17
So what should i do mate?

If I was you i'd start begging. Get higher up members of staff involved also, and just try to express why you deserve to do chemistry. Hopefully they'll reconsider you if you show how much it means to you.
Original post by Vyres
If I was you i'd start begging. Get higher up members of staff involved also, and just try to express why you deserve to do chemistry. Hopefully they'll reconsider you if you show how much it means to you.

Okay one more thing, whrn should i start begging them? When term starts or induction day
Reply 19
Okay one more thing, whrn should i start begging them? When term starts or induction day

Like asap. Tomorrow would be your best bet. If you try begging any sooner then your already slim chances will be cut in half. Your school starts to organise enrollments/timetables for their pupils in the next few days. Your school should be open tomorrow for further enquires. I'd HIGHLY recommend that you go in tomorrow with a parent and speak to your teachers. I'd honestly doubt that you'd have any chance to get on the chemistry course if you speak to them at a later date.

Quick Reply

Latest