The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know the UMS mark for a B in spanish as I got 196 a C ;(
Guys I got a 319 overall in my core science Aqa gcse and this was a B how much for an A? I'm confused as I got A in my chemistry and biology and coursework and a B in my physics I would've thought it have been rounded up to an A but idk
Original post by hafsa23
Guys I got a 319 overall in my core science Aqa gcse and this was a B how much for an A? I'm confused as I got A in my chemistry and biology and coursework and a B in my physics I would've thought it have been rounded up to an A but idk

1 ums :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Christistina_X
Does anyone know the UMS mark for a B in spanish as I got 196 a C ;(

210 (if it's out of 300)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by extraordinaire

I have the worst luck wow :frown:. Would it be wise to apply for a remark or is that unlikely to make a difference
I got a B in english language but I would like an A. It doesn't have any ums or marks on the paper and my exam board is igcse cambrige. Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the exam?
Thank you for this thread. Do you know what the igcse Cambridge grade boundaries are?
Hi,
For my Biology Exam my total was A but i was thinking to get it remarked..
Controlled Assessment: 69 UMS = A
B1= 72 UMS = A*
B2= 72 UMS = A*
B3= 68 UMS = A
It's just so disappointing, do you think if i do a remark it will be possible to get A* overall as my total UMS was 281, and 288 is needed for an A*
When are the CIE grade boundaries released
Missed our A* on Aqa biology by 1 mark 😭😭
Hopefully gonna get it remarked
Hey guys! So I'm pretty happy with my grades but there's something odd about my AQA grades. I got a179 on my Economics & Literature papers and I need a 180 for an A*. I also got a 267 for Language but I need a 270 for an A*. Should I send it for remarking or is this an AQA strategy to keep student from JUST reaching that top mark? My friends haven't experienced this problem too much, if at all..
Original post by keepyourapology
Hey guys! So I'm pretty happy with my grades but there's something odd about my AQA grades. I got a179 on my Economics & Literature papers and I need a 180 for an A*. I also got a 267 for Language but I need a 270 for an A*. Should I send it for remarking or is this an AQA strategy to keep student from JUST reaching that top mark? My friends haven't experienced this problem too much, if at all..

lol get that tinfoil hat off m8 :biggrin:. In all seriousness you should defo get that remarked, and its free if your grade is changed!
Does anyone happen to know the ums grade boundary for an A in aqa english language??? I got a B and I want to know if I qualify for remarking with my school.
Original post by ag123456
Does anyone happen to know the ums grade boundary for an A in aqa english language??? I got a B and I want to know if I qualify for remarking with my school.

I believe English Language is 240 for an A and 270 for an A*, and 210 for a B, if we did the same paper.
Hey guys, congrats to everyone for making it through your GCSEs!! I'm in year 10 (well 11 now) so this is me next year but in June I did sit one GCSE - edexcel statistics.

I haven't got my results yet since my school was pretty uninformative when it comes to important things. Nothing was announced to me about results day so I assumed that going in to collect result was just a year 11 thing. :erm:

Anyway.

I'm trying to work out how many marks I'll need for an A/A*. The UMS and Raw mark thing confuses me so much, if someone could explain it, that would be lovely. I got 28/40 marks in my controlled assessment which equals 40 UMS. How do I work out from here how many marks I'll need for an A or A* or anything?

The way I see it, A* = 180 UMS.
180 - 40 = 140 UMS.
140 UMS > 135 so I'll need the next one up which is 150 UMS which is equal to FULL MARKS.

Someone please tell me I don't need full marks in this paper for an A* because I stupidly messed up my coursework. :please:

(Sorry for the long post guys, this is my frustrated mind, thinking about this at 6 in the morning. :argh:)

Edit: screenshot of the grade boundaries.
image.jpeg
(edited 7 years ago)
Two UMS from the A* in biology and three UMS from the A* in RE, are either worth being remarked or not and how much does it tend to cost?

Thank you
Original post by hafsa23
I have the worst luck wow :frown:. Would it be wise to apply for a remark or is that unlikely to make a difference

Who knows. Your mark could move up/down or stay the same. However, since it is a high B, it wouldn't matter if it did move down. Also, you could have more chance of moving up since only 1 UMS mark is needed as opposed to 5 UMS marks. Ask your school to see whether they would agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Do you guys think its worth remarking geography unit 3 as im 7 ums from getting an A*?
In my other units i got: out of 100 each
Unit 1: 98 - A*
Unit 2: 93 - A*
Unit 3: 77 - B
Unit 4: 85 - A
Why is it that my English Language (CIE) and Maths (EDEXCEL) don't have my marks on my results sheet?? I'd like to see the grade boundaries and see how close i was a to the next grade but i can't :frown:

Latest