The Student Room Group

I'm really confused about my maths result...

So I got my results today and on the piece of paper, there's the marks you got next to the grade, right? But with maths, there isn't anything indicating how many marks I actually got, just the grade. What does this mean? Has anyone else found the same thing?
Did you do edexcel maths?

I did different exam boards for different subjects, all my AQA exams and my OCR exam is showing the unit breakdown but my Edexcel maths is just a grade at the top of the sheet with no mark on.

I'm assuming it's an (annoying!) Edexcel thing
Original post by Carmenh
So I got my results today and on the piece of paper, there's the marks you got next to the grade, right? But with maths, there isn't anything indicating how many marks I actually got, just the grade. What does this mean? Has anyone else found the same thing?

I did edexcel Maths GCSE two years ago and it was the same thing for all of us. I never did get to find out my marks but apparently you can ask your teacher as they can have access to it.
Reply 3
Original post by cookiemonster15
I did edexcel Maths GCSE two years ago and it was the same thing for all of us. I never did get to find out my marks but apparently you can ask your teacher as they can have access to it.

Ahh okay, great. Thanks for the help!
Reply 4
Yep, I did take edexcel maths- and you're right! It's really annoying, I wish I could know what I got! Guess I'll ask my teachers.
Original post by Fluffpuffle
Did you do edexcel maths?

I did different exam boards for different subjects, all my AQA exams and my OCR exam is showing the unit breakdown but my Edexcel maths is just a grade at the top of the sheet with no mark on.

I'm assuming it's an (annoying!) Edexcel thing
Theres an extra sheet of paper that tells you exactly how many marks you got for each subject. You're gonna have to contact your school.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Any linear course will not show the marks. It's just because you have to take all the exams at once and your marks are combined. It's the same for OCR and AQA.

I know you're probably thinking "I took all my exams at once so that doesn't follow". You simply took the course in a linear format. You could have taken some exams early but some schools and/or exam boards don't let you. I know that's the case for history.
Reply 7
Original post by jamestg
Any linear course will not show the marks. It's just because you have to take all the exams at once and your marks are combined. It's the same for OCR and AQA.

I know you're probably thinking "I took all my exams at once so that doesn't follow". You simply took the course in a linear format. You could have taken some exams early but some schools and/or exam boards don't let you. I know that's the case for history.

Okay, that makes sense- thank you!
Mine says my grade and then 52 but obviously I got MUCH higher than that as I got an A but maybe that number good indicate something

Quick Reply

Latest