The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maths degree
what banks don't ask for online tests?

GS/JPM/Barc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Thanks! and barc isn't open yet, any idea when it usually opens ?
Hi guys. Have any of you applied for greenhill ? when I submit my cv and cl i receive the automatic response that they only accept cv/cl in pdf and word format whilst my cv was in pdf...Have any of you encountered the same problem ?

No idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kalambay
Hi guys. Have any of you applied for greenhill ? when I submit my cv and cl i receive the automatic response that they only accept cv/cl in pdf and word format whilst my cv was in pdf...Have any of you encountered the same problem ?

That's odd, mine worked fine - try converting it again I guess
Ahh that's annoying! Cheers for finding out for sure. Are you gonna apply to off cycle then (is there any)?
Original post by sreddy17
Ahh that's annoying! Cheers for finding out for sure. Are you gonna apply to off cycle then (is there any)?

Off cycle is penultimate as well. I asked. GS + JPM have off cycles. I'm going to wait for other banks to open.

Most banks open 1st September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kalambay

Could you link me the internship application page ? since every time i go onto it through their website nothing loads
Could you link me the internship application page ? since every time i go onto it through their website nothing loads

https://greenhill.freshminds.co.uk/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how long the rejection come after you did the DB test?
Reply 931
Original post by alexjones1994
For those couple of guys interested...

So DB replied to my email. You have to be a penultimate year student to apply. That is confirmed.

I told the Lehman brothers 2.0 to go update their website so it says that clearly on the application form.

Screw DB then. No wonder they are in the gutter when they are too lazy to consider a full pool of applicants.
love how we are all dissing DB yet would give up one kidney to get on their grad scheme haha
Makes no sense to me. Both start in 2018... why does it matter if you are penultimate or final year. Are they trying to encourage final years with no experience to go for gradschemes instead? Don't understand :L.
Reply 934
I submitted my SJT test to Lazard 3 days ago, any idea of how long we typically have to wait to hear back?
Original post by Ox2018
I submitted my SJT test to Lazard 3 days ago, any idea of how long we typically have to wait to hear back?

I did the SJT yesterday morning and got the verbal reasoning test by the evening.
So after going through some forums, as a final year I'm applying to:

UBS, Barcap, GS, MS, CS, JPM, Lazard, SG, CA, Greenhill, BNP Paribas, Commerzbank, Citi.

Any others where not being penultimate isn't a disadvantage?
Reply 937
Original post by alexjones1994
For those couple of guys interested...

So DB replied to my email. You have to be a penultimate year student to apply. That is confirmed.

I told the Lehman brothers 2.0 to go update their website so it says that clearly on the application form.

Cheers
Does Deustche Bank require a cover letter? For the Investment banking summer internship?
Original post by vader9280
So after going through some forums, as a final year I'm applying to:

UBS, Barcap, GS, MS, CS, JPM, Lazard, SG, CA, Greenhill, BNP Paribas, Commerzbank, Citi.

Any others where not being penultimate isn't a disadvantage?

CS, Lazard, BNP, Barclays do care, from my research. If you are a final year you should go for grad schemes with these.

Quick Reply

Latest