The Student Room Group

How are predicted AS grades calculated?

Mostly likely gcse grades but how do they do that if you have a mixed range of results?
It's all computed generated, with some teacher input, and it's usually completely wrong. My predicted grades for example were BBC and I got A*BB. Just use it as a target and to push you to do even better! Best of luck for A-levels.
Reply 2
I heard somewhere that an A at GCSE was a D at A level, but I'm usure about how reliable that is. However, predicted AS grades are usually completely wrong! I got ABBBBBCCCCC at GCSE so I was predicted CCCC at AS. In actual fact I ended up with ABBC. I only got a C in GCSE as biology, but I managed to also get a C in A level biology this year, whereas one of my classmates had an A at GCSE but ended up with an E. So yeah, it all depends on how much work you put in, predicted grades don't really count.
Reply 3
[QUOTE=Rachyray;67215480]I heard somewhere that an A at GCSE was a D at A level, but I'm usure about how reliable that is. However, predicted AS grades are usually completely wrong! I got ABBBBBCCCCC at GCSE so I was predicted CCCC at AS. In actual fact I ended up with ABBC. I only got a C in GCSE as biology, but I managed to also get a C in A level biology this year, whereas one of my classmates had an A at GCSE but ended up with an E. So yeah, it all depends on how much work you put in, predicted grades don't really count.

So if my gcse grades are A*A*A*AAAAAAABBB
What mostly likely will be my predicted grades?
Reply 4
Original post by hattie_creese
It's all computed generated, with some teacher input, and it's usually completely wrong. My predicted grades for example were BBC and I got A*BB. Just use it as a target and to push you to do even better! Best of luck for A-levels.

So if my gcse grades are A*A*A*AAAAAAABBBWhat mostly likely will be my predicted grades?
Reply 5
Don't even pay attention to predicted grades, they will be very inaccurate considering you're doing fewer subjects now, its a very different type of learning. Our school used your top 8 GCSE results to give target grades, my top 8 were 3A* and 5B which gave me target grades of CCCC, even though the subjects I took I got A*s in (got AAAA so proved them wrong). Just focus on your work and your own goals.
Reply 6
Original post by Real_jenn
So if my gcse grades are A*A*A*AAAAAAABBB
What mostly likely will be my predicted grades?

Possibly A's if you're taking the subject you got A*s in, and B's for the others depending on teacher input, but that's just how my sixth form did them...:smile:
Original post by Real_jenn
So if my gcse grades are A*A*A*AAAAAAABBBWhat mostly likely will be my predicted grades?

If you did 13 subjects and got those grades I'm sure you would be v lucky lol. You would be predicted something similar to that at A level basically

Quick Reply

Latest