The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
would you say with getting A's with a few B's still give you a good chance at a place at Oxford University.
Hi, So basically I got a D (59) marks whereas I needed 60 marks. Is it worth for me remarking it? If yes I checked the website how do you enquire for a remark? And how much does it cost?
Original post by extraordinaire
Yeah I thought it was just my school lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same I thought my school just messed up!:tongue: It is really annoying me though because I want to know my raw mark. I wonder why edexcel haven't given us the UMS mark?:s-smilie:
Original post by starstudent7
You were so right, I ended up with an A* in maths!:smile: Thanks for your support:h:

No problem :smile:
Wish you all the best in AS or the path you have chosen.
Original post by Eeyorethedonkey
Statistics A*!!!

Only took one cos I'm in year 10

Well done that's amazing!:h: Especially since you just finished yr 10!:biggrin:
Original post by lozza_X
With 3 A's, 7 B's and 1 C I am proud of my self - sure people have done better, and congrats to them but i'm happy with my results, they are my realistic results - A* are hard for me, and I have accepted that.
All I wanted to do was pass and get my B in biology, maths and english, and I have done so I am happy!

Congratulations to everyone who got their results today!!

Well done they are great results!:h:
Original post by ZH786
would you say with getting A's with a few B's still give you a good chance at a place at Oxford University.

It depends on the course. :smile:
Maths - A*
Bio - B
Chem - A
Phys-A
Geog - B
English lang- A
Engish lit - A
Art - A*
DT - B
History - C

Im so pleased with myself 😌😌😌
I'm waiting for my core science and French result as I am in yr10 it is getting delivered tomorrow
Original post by sunshine774
Yeah same I thought my school just messed up!:tongue: It is really annoying me though because I want to know my raw mark. I wonder why edexcel haven't given us the UMS mark?:s-smilie:

I did OCR maths and didn't get a mark on my sheet either. My teacher said they'll have them in September
Original post by Nhomie
Maths - A*
Bio - B
Chem - A
Phys-A
Geog - B
English lang- A
Engish lit - A
Art - A*
DT - B
History - C

Im so pleased with myself 😌😌😌

Congratulations, those are brilliant results! There's nothing at all wrong with A's and B's; well done on gaining such amazing results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am doing IGCSE . and my results were pretty beyond my expectations..

maths A*
chemistry A*
physics A*
ICT A*
English ( ESL ) A... and i just needed 1 mark to get an A *..... freaking edexcel.... Pissed me off ....w_t-f is edexcel could lend me a mark..i am gonna recheck my english paper.....

WHAT DO U GUYZ THINK SHOULD I RECHECK OR NO MAY BE I CAN EARN A MARK IN WRITING PORTION.. DEPENDS ON THE CHECKER.?
i am doing IGCSE . and my results were pretty beyond my expectations..maths A*chemistry A*physics A*ICT A*English ( ESL ) A... and i just needed 1 mark to get an A *...... Pissed me off ... edexcel could lend me a mark..i am gonna recheck my english paper.....WHAT DO U GUYZ THINK SHOULD I RECHECK OR NO MAY BE I CAN EARN A MARK IN WRITING PORTION.. DEPENDS ON THE CHECKER.?
Original post by mayacarswell
I did OCR maths and didn't get a mark on my sheet either. My teacher said they'll have them in September

Oh ok thanks!:biggrin:
Anyone doing AQA Food Tech know how many UMS points you needed to get an A? I got 314 and think I'm pretty close :s-smilie:
Ok guys,
I want to congratulate all of you for your best work.
I see many of you have achieved what you have wanted and for that, it is fully deserved.
I want to thank @Starlight15 for the effort he/she has put into doing this thread

If anyone wants to ask about AS levels, I have a thread ready for questions on achieving all As in your subject as no A* exists at A2, you will be glad to hear :smile:

I'll link it soon.

Click here (will be soon)

To those of you that have missed out on your top grades by a bit, don't worry.
Use it as motivation for AS and you will do fine - I have seen this happen so many times, it is more of an inevitability.

I hope you all do well next year.
I will make some type of official 'Year 13 give advice to Year 12' thread to help you on your transitions.
I hope all my support on this thread was taken positively, and I never intended to offend anyone.

I'm still around on this thread to give answers for re-marks, but in terms of support, hasta la vista and see you all next year!

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
My results were a lot less than my school expected (I've suffered with moderate anxiety these last 2 years which the school didn't seem to understand was drastically effecting my performance) but more or less in line with my predictions although the subjects I expected certain grades in got so flipped around! School expected 5A*s. I got:
A* Maths
A* Music (Was so so so unwell in the exam (migrane, had lost a lot of blood through nosebleeds etc) that this was crazy. I called my teacher in tears!)
A Maths
A Chemistry
A French (40/40 on Edexcel reading to my shock!)
A English Language (shocked)
A History
A RS
B English Literature
B Physics
B Biology
B ICT
E FSMQ Additional Maths (I'm sure most people think this is rubbish but I only realised I was doing this a month before so I was pretty chuffed that I passed!)

My science results I expected to be much higher (A*AA) but all 6 of my Bio/Physics exams weren't good health wise. Going to get my History, RS and English Lit all remarked as all are a UMS mark or 2 off the next grade which was the grade I expected.
Slightly disappointed with my results but now I've come to terms with it not too bothered☺️ I just need to figure out if any uni's will accept me for medicine if this is my profile... Hopefully will be getting lots of work experience in!
English Lang A
English lit A
Maths A
Chemistry A
Biology A
Physics A
IT A (counts as 2 GCSEs apparently)
Geography A* with full UMS in one exam
History A* with full UMS in one exam and coursework
French B hopefully getting a remark since I had A*'s in all units apart from writing which I got a D in somehow. Only 3 UMS off an A
Music B which was surprising as coursework has been marked down from A* to B
PE D lol Idgaf because i was forced to do it in the first place
I am a lowly year 9 so I only did 1 exam (OCR Classical Greek), but I got...

An A*!!
I got:

Philosophy and ethics: A*
Spanish: A
Additional science: A
English literature: A
IT: A
Maths: B
Core science: B (was 2 marks off an A though so it's going for a remark)
Statistics: B
History: B
English igcse: B

I was a little dissapointed with the fact I got a B in history but I am still studying it in college and will work much harder for it but do you think it is a risk?

Another question- are these grades enough for me to study law in the future? Of course considering the fact I perform well in a levels
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest