The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by RDKGames
Careful. You decomposed the roots correctly, but remember that you are also multiplying those roots by the 3 and 2 which you forgot to include.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1401
Careful. You decomposed the roots correctly, but remember that you are also multiplying those roots by the 3 and 2 which you forgot to include.

Don't understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1403
Correct.

I've really improved since I've taken about 1/2 days off!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Don't understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You decomposed the surds correctly. So 64=8\sqrt{64}=8 but the question has the term of 2642\sqrt{64} which would be the same as 2(8)2(8). That's what you are forgetting. You've only taken the surds on their own.
Reply 1405
You decomposed the surds correctly. So 64=8\sqrt{64}=8 but the question has the term of 2642\sqrt{64} which would be the same as 2(8)2(8). That's what you are forgetting. You've only taken the surds on their own.

So I got this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1406
But we have minus 2 so there's something negative

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
But we have minus 2 so there's something negative

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah so you take that term away rather than add it on.

Also, shouldn't it be 3(22)3(2\sqrt2)?
Reply 1408

Got it

Wb this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Heya, my end of year exam is coming up and I'm doing higher and I'm getting D's I'm currently in year 10 and I know I can do better if I revise. Is anyone else willing to help me with a few questions ?

In year 11 now.
Grade achieved end of year : C

Listen to my miracle story, if I can do this, anything is really possible!! :smile:) I came into secondary school with a level 3 in maths, my target was a C, however i mved from set 3 in year 7 to set 1 in year 11. Therefore, my target was now a B. I always loved maths, but for some reason I was just clumsy and sometimes didn't believe in myself. To now, I picked up my gcse results today thinking that I would never ever pass pass maths!!
But guys i did it from a level 3 which is basically a G ( I think??) to a big A*
Im so happy
Reply 1410

Here I did it again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Got it

Wb this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.

Original post by darce_pll
Listen to my miracle story, if I can do this, anything is really possible!! :smile:) I came into secondary school with a level 3 in maths, my target was a C, however i mved from set 3 in year 7 to set 1 in year 11. Therefore, my target was now a B. I always loved maths, but for some reason I was just clumsy and sometimes didn't believe in myself. To now, I picked up my gcse results today thinking that I would never ever pass pass maths!!
But guys i did it from a level 3 which is basically a G ( I think??) to a big A*
Im so happy

Congrats :h:
Original post by z_o_e
Here I did it again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it's fine :smile:
Reply 1413
Original post by darce_pll
Im so happy

Wow that's so amazing!

I'm predicted to do foundation but I try my best and I achieve c and bs but as we're starting the new spec teachers don't think set 6-8 is capable of doing higher. Whereas 12 is the lowest. Foundation started from 9-12..Higher was 1-8 but now they're changing it.

I'm in set 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1414
Yes it's fine :smile:

How's this?

I tried my best for this. Couldn't remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
How's this?

I tried my best for this. Couldn't remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good but (610)2(6\sqrt{10})^2 is not 60.
Reply 1416
Good but (610)2(6\sqrt{10})^2 is not 60.

It is I got -356

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by z_o_e
It is I got -356

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that would be the denominator. Now simplify the entire fraction.
Reply 1418
Yeah that would be the denominator. Now simplify the entire fraction.

How do I do that? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
How do I do that? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Factor out the numerator as much as you can, then see how much the denominator can divide it.

Quick Reply

Latest