The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Anyone from Liverpool/Merseyside are-?

Hi, just wondering if there are people from the Liverpool/Merseyside area starting in October or already on a course. Would love to make some new friends 🙂

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Amber,

I'm in Litherland, anywhere near you? :-)

I'm due to start my second Level 2 module in Computing and IT in October. How about you?

Cheers,
Matt
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by mattk1
Hi Amber,

I'm due to start my second Level 2 module in Computing and IT in October. How about you?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt, I'm in Bootle so right next door!
I'm starting BSc Forensic Psychology in October!
Original post by Amberw_
Hi Matt, I'm in Bootle so right next door!
I'm starting BSc Forensic Psychology in October!

I live in Bootle too by Derby Park, where are you
Reply 4
Original post by Kieranisda1
I live in Bootle too by Derby Park, where are you

At the front of the strand by the Delta place
Original post by Amberw_
At the front of the strand by the Delta place

Are you fit :sexface:
Reply 6
Are you fit :sexface:

the fittest
Original post by Amberw_
the fittest

:biggrin:

I'll take you on a date to the poundbakery in the Strand if you like :wink:
Reply 8
:biggrin:

I'll take you on a date to the poundbakery in the Strand if you like :wink:

Aww you're so kind!:suith:
If I can sort my loan out I should be starting Natural Sciences in October. I'm from Bootle too, and I work in The Strand :O Small world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Wow it really is isn't it! To be honest I didn't think I would find anyone that even lived close!
Are you gonna be studying 120 credits?
Reply 12
Original post by Stinktank
Are you gonna be studying 120 credits?

Yeah, don't know how I'm going to cope with studying full time and working! Are you doing 120?
Reply 13
Hi Amber, wow you are brave taking on 120 credits and working full time. Wish I was as brave as that! Best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by Amberw_
Yeah, don't know how I'm going to cope with studying full time and working! Are you doing 120?

I'm trying to make a short film with a friend, so I'm doing 60 credits for the time being, and I'll just see which is more of a priority over time.
Original post by mattk1
Hi Amber,

Cheers,
Matt

How's your experience with the OU been so far?
I'm from Anfield starting Physics/ Astronomy in October. .
Reply 17
Original post by Stinktank
How's your experience with the OU been so far?

Hi Stinktank,

Yeah pretty good so far to be honest, I've really enjoyed all the modules I've completed despite it being stressful at times when deadlines get closer and I have other commitments (i.e. work, kids etc).

I did two 30 credit level 1 modules at the same time, MU123 Discovering Mathematics and TM129 Technologies in Practice and afterwards I said to myself never to do two modules at the same time - it was very stressful!

I completed T215 in May of this year and that was a heavy-going 60 credit L2 module so I've decided to reduce my study intensity to just 30 credits per year for the next six years (yikes!). I am keen to get good marks and for me trying two study two modules at once I found hard, and they were only level 1 modules.

Thing for me was before I started studying I would waste hours just watching crap on YouTube but now my time on my laptop is actually spent doing something productive. Yes six years is a long time but I think slow and steady is the way to go, rather than try to take on too much and not do as well, or not take in all the information.

By the way there is an OU app you can download onto your phone which allows you to access lots of your study material. I found this really useful when I had some idle time to just be able to read through material on my phone i.e. when waiting at the dentist, or waiting for the bus, anywhere :-)

Anyway good luck with your studies.
St Helens here.. Doing Computing IT And Design!
Reply 19
Im in Halewood, just signed up for BSc (Honours) Computing & IT and Business, just about made the deadline ha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending