The Student Room Group

Can I cancel a Remark?

I requested a Remark for one Psychology unit and two Physics units, and I want to cancel the physics ones because my parents don't like the idea of possible going from an A to a B, when I was a few marks off a grade A boundary for these units. I wanted them remarked to try to bring my overall grade up to an A*, which my teachers thought was worthwhile.
However, I have since had a conversation with my parents about it and they want me to cancel the appeal, and I agree - kind of.
I have emailed my exams officer, but I know she may not check her emails since it is not termtime and is not her personal email. My dad's going to call the school tomorrow to see if it's possible, but there isn't likely to be anybody there. Other than this, how can I cancel this request, if possible?
Reply 1
It's unlikely your exams officer will have processed the request yet, as she/he is probably a bit snowed under with other results related admin, so chances are it won't be a problem. If it has gone through it can be cancelled with a simple email to the exam board.,
Original post by Clemm101
It's unlikely your exams officer will have processed the request yet, as she/he is probably a bit snowed under with other results related admin, so chances are it won't be a problem. If it has gone through it can be cancelled with a simple email to the exam board.,

So if it does go through, I'd just have to email AQA with my name, ID and Centre number and ask them to retract two of them?
Reply 3
Original post by thewinterstudent
So if it does go through, I'd just have to email AQA with my name, ID and Centre number and ask them to retract two of them?

No, the exams officer will need to do it. Exam boards won't deal directly with candidates.
Original post by Clemm101
No, the exams officer will need to do it. Exam boards won't deal directly with candidates.

My exams officer got back to me, and thankfully hadn't sent off the appeal! Thank you for your help regardless!

Quick Reply

Latest