The Student Room Group

Remarking My GCSE English Language Foundation Worth, it?

I got 106 UMS (52 Marks) for Eng Lang Unit 1 TF and 68 UMS (44 Marks) for English Language Unit 3 which in total is 174 UMS off 300 just 6 UMS (4 Marks) off a C. So I need advice in possible remarking my exam paper or the whole subject in attempt to get the 4 marks to pass or do you guys think it’s not worth it?
Reply 1
Original post by Matty0898
I got 106 UMS (52 Marks) for Eng Lang Unit 1 TF and 68 UMS (44 Marks) for English Language Unit 3 which in total is 174 UMS off 300 just 6 UMS (4 Marks) off a C. So I need advice in possible remarking my exam paper or the whole subject in attempt to get the 4 marks to pass or do you guys think it’s not worth it?

My son got 3 marks off a C in English language and school are sending his back to be remarked.
Original post by Roseghyll
My son got 3 marks off a C in English language and school are sending his back to be remarked.

Hi how did you find out he was 3 marks short of a c my son is devastated he didnt pass he has been marked a b all year in mock exams and this happens even his classmates were shocked he didnt get it
Reply 3
Original post by paularuss28
Hi how did you find out he was 3 marks short of a c my son is devastated he didnt pass he has been marked a b all year in mock exams and this happens even his classmates were shocked he didnt get it

Hi, school informed us. My son scored 177 UMS, the boundary for a C was 180 UMS. We got it his English paper remarked and it came back at179, so he was 1 mark off a C. He has re-sat the exam and passed with a solid C.
Reply 4
I would do it as English is quite subjective
Reply 5
Original post by lf5676
I would do it as English is quite subjective

nvm just saw the date

Quick Reply

Latest