The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by georgiesucks
You legally need to redo English if you're under 18 until you get a C so focus on getting a C in November. Speak to your school as you will need to resit!

I was 1 mark from a C and I've always got Cs in mocks. I dont understand what happened :frown:
Original post by Kryptonian
Ah what kind of courses can you get onto with that and may I ask what GCSEs you got?

You can get onto any courses and Btec is easier than a levels. You will need to get a minimum of DMM on the Btec course after the 2 years. Which is easier then it seems. As for my GCSEs I got C in maths, C in English, C in all science. Ds and Es in all my other GCSEs. But GCSEs honestly don't matter once you have finished college or sixth form.
Ah what kind of courses can you get onto with that and may I ask what GCSEs you got?

I don't know really it depends on what your school has avaliable, you will have to
ask them but I guess more general subjects like geography,history,business etc where you don't need specefic grades/subjects. But of course it is better if you have studied it for GCSE. I got an A* in English language, A in English literature, A in maths, A in biology, A in chemistry, A in physics, B in geography and a B in spanish.
I was 1 mark from a C and I've always got Cs in mocks. I dont understand what happened :frown:

Well then do a bit of revision and fingers crossed for November!
Reply 24
Original post by Kieranisda1
Well you can physics at if you like but if you can only get a C at GCSE then you may very well struggle at A-level. People who are good at their trades do better off than people who are OK/bad at A-levels and uni

Well looking at the break down. I got an A in one unit B in other E in P3 which we never learnt in school because my school is so bad so they said learn it yourself. I had to learn it the day before and I also had P2 exam that same day. I could've easily achieved higher but it's hard when your school is so bad. That brought my grade down to a C. I am also really interested in the subject and do believe i can do an A level and am willing to work very hard. What do you think?
Well looking at the break down. I got an A in one unit B in other E in P3 which we never learnt in school because my school is so bad so they said learn it yourself. I had to learn it the day before and I also had P2 exam that same day. I could've easily achieved higher but it's hard when your school is so bad. That brought my grade down to a C. I am also really interested in the subject and do believe i can do an A level and am willing to work very hard. What do you think?

If your heart is set on it, you may as well give it a go and see how you find it at AS-level, then do the full A-level if you find it alright
Reply 26
Why is that? Please explain

Lol didn't think people on TSR were stupid.
Reply 27
Original post by shohaib712
Try getting it remarked.

e.g. In biology I got:

overall B
Unit 1: A (2 marks off A*)
Unit 2: A*
Unit 3: B (never bothered revising lol)
Unit 4: F (WTF... I was really angry cuz it was at an A* - my teacher literally is going toget this remarked) - If I get a high A* in my ISA I'll get an A* overall

I'll ask the school thanks
Reply 28
Original post by 0range
Lol didn't think people on TSR were stupid.

I'm not stupid. Just because my grades are bad it doesn't reflect my ability nor my potential. I'm a professional programmer. I've been programming from a very young age. I have skills you probably don't and academic ability isn't everything nor a true reflection of ones abilities.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think I'm the only one on TSR who has failed their GCSEs. I only got 3 GCSEs.

I wished to study A levels this September.

These are the only GCSEs I passed and the grades I achieved:

Mathematics: B
Chemistry: B
Physics: C

Those were also the subjects I wished to study at A level.

in no particular order:

1)Have a look around your area for colleges, you may be able to resit some of your GCSE's there.

2.) maybe you should do BTEC level 3 applied science? this could be a possibility

3) maybe consider changing secondary school to retake the year completely. You will be in a different school setting so better quality of teaching.

I hope things work out for you when you decide what to do.:smile:
I'll ask the school thanks

Make sure you ask the right teacher - dont ask the receptionist cuz they don't know what they are on about, literally I first made a phone call and asked the recpetionist if I could get a remark and she said "aww sorry we dont do remarks", I told her my situation about getting F even though I got a's and then she replies "awwwww sorrry you'll have to ask somebody who knows about remarks, try emailing your teacher".

So yeah try emailing your teacher or directly talking/phone calling your english teacher/ head of english for the remark. Because the other teachers don't give a **** about your results - well this is coming from a student from a **** school.
Reply 31

Less time on TSR this year
:biggrin:
I'm not stupid. Just because my grades are bad it doesn't reflect my ability nor my potential. I'm a professional programmer. I've been programming from a very young age. I have skills you probably don't and academic ability isn't everything nor a true reflection of ones abilities.

You got good grades don't stress a B is fab. Programmer - you will end up wealthy think of all those sites you can develop! go for it.
Reply 33
Original post by sunshine1978
You got good grades don't stress a B is fab. Programmer - you will end up wealthy think of all those sites you can develop! go for it.

Thank you. I needed 5 A*- Cs to move onto the next stage i.e. A levels so I guess I'll resit to make up for that and see what the sixth form advises. Hopefully I come up with an idea good enough to make me wealthy, lol. :smile:

Of all the GCSEs, you arguably passed the hardest ones.

I'm so confused.
With respect, you may have to re-think your choice of A-Levels... to study subjects like maths and the sciences you really need at least an A at GCSE if you want to get above a D at A-Level. I would consider BTECs: you can still go to good universities with BTECs and they are coursework based :smile: Good luck!
Reply 36
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Of all the GCSEs, you arguably passed the hardest ones.

I'm so confused.

Yeah someone else said the same to me that I only managed to do well in the hardest subjects well these were the only ones which I passed and I failed at some which were supposedly easy

Am sure its already been said, but you should resit at least 2 of them and one has to be English.

This cannot be true i dont know how a school would let you just do 3 GCses when you need 5 to get into college
Reply 39

Grades indicate your current ability. You aren't the smartest. Prob a bit harsh calling you stupid, but most people I know who didnt revise still got out with all Cs.

Nope. Gonna have to try that one again, I've been doing mathematical programming for the last 4 years, so prob not many skills at all that you have that I don't.

Regardless you're gonna have to resit to do A levels.

Latest