The Student Room Group

Help with A levels?

OK hello people! , at my results today I got a C in history which unfortunately isn't enough for A level ( need a B :frown: ) I was wondering if Classical Civilisation would be a good back up choice??? I really need advice, I'm gutted I didn't make the grades, thanks so much guys :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Pedrex
OK hello people! , at my results today I got a C in history which unfortunately isn't enough for A level ( need a B :frown: ) I was wondering if Classical Civilisation would be a good back up choice??? I really need advice, I'm gutted I didn't make the grades, thanks so much guys :smile:

I'm in exactly the same situation however after speaking to my teachers I realised I'm only 3 marks off a B and they have said that they will most likely still let me on the course of I decide to do it. Talk to teachers at your school and maybe they'll give you advice and maybe even let you know that you can still do it if there is room! Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by BH1234
I'm in exactly the same situation however after speaking to my teachers I realised I'm only 3 marks off a B and they have said that they will most likely still let me on the course of I decide to do it. Talk to teachers at your school and maybe they'll give you advice and maybe even let you know that you can still do it if there is room! Good luck!

Oh cool, at least someone else is the same! The problem i have is that im 7 marks off a B so they won't let me on the course. I hope something works out, I've contacted my teachers and waiting for a reply. Thanks for replying to me and good luck :smile: !!
What are your other subject choices? Have you got any idea of what you want to do at uni/after A Levels? Well done for passing it though! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
What are your other subject choices? Have you got any idea of what you want to do at uni/after A Levels? Well done for passing it though! :smile:

Hello, thanks for replying! :smile: ....my other subjects are Geography, Product Design, Classical Civilisation and English literature. I really don't know if im capable of doing these, my gcse results weren't that good ....i got C in geog, B in product design, C in English. Do you have any advice on what i can do??? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Pedrex

Wow.... We are quite literally in the same boat LOL. I'm here writing a 4000 word essay (literally) to the Head of History at my school, explaining why I deserve to do A-level history. Tbh they'd probably let you do it if you beg hard enough, speak to your Head of History and explain that you have a genuine interest for the subject. I'm sure if your teacher realises how much you enjoy the subject, then he/she may show some leniency. Good luck.
Reply 6
Original post by Vyres
Wow.... We are quite literally in the same boat LOL. I'm here writing a 4000 word essay (literally) to the Head of History at my school, explaining why I deserve to do A-level history. Tbh they'd probably let you do it if you beg hard enough, speak to your Head of History and explain that you have a genuine interest for the subject. I'm sure if your teacher realises how much you enjoy the subject, then he/she may show some leniency. Good luck.

Oh wow haha, you must be really keen to do it then, I hope you manege to get in buddy!. Yeah i guess so, it's just i feel like I'll be left behind as everyone will be A* students. I'll feel under pressure so i don't know what to do. Anyway thanks! I may ask my teacher, especially as my history teacher is in charge of history at sixth form!

Quick Reply

Latest